iPhone Get Out Fast - Text Adventure with Touch GUI

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by GameHopping, Oct 24, 2012.

1. GameHopping

GameHopping Active Member

Get Out Fast: The House is an Old School Styled Text Adventure with a Touch GUI used for interaction.

- a universal app, taking advantage of the iPad's extra screen size
    - features slide-out panels for movement, object interaction and action updates
    - has three difficulty settings and saves high scores
    - the font type / size are configurable
    - includes a separate tutorial map that introduces you to the 'villain' of the highest difficulty

This is a demo of the interface using a testing map.
    (It's a bit faded due to the orientation. The screen caps will display the sharpness.)

iPad screen caps

iPhone screen caps

Coming soon.

2. GameHopping

3. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Interesting. I generally like the interface better than other GUIficiations of text games I've seen before (I'm talking about the unholy monster that is RAGS).

The drawer seems to work well for inventory, but somehow feels too clumsy for movement. Might work better if it was a move button near the lower corner, touching it brings up a radial menu of move options and the user can choose direction with a flick? Perhaps the freed up right drawer could be used for NPC interaction?

Just throwing out ideas, here.

The colour palette and icon design is, well, not great. But at least the comic sans got yanked before release.

4. GameHopping

It's funny you actually make that comment about the movement buttons.
    Originally there was a Move button that kicked up a transparent panel with move buttons, but the feedback I received had me change it.
    Also the color palette was also altered based on feedback (which was very positive after changing it).
    I take all feedback as positive and process it. Thanks.

5. GameHopping

Releasing a new Get Out Fast :)The Test) game on Friday (1/11/13) and it will be completely free (no ads or iap or annoying prompts).

It's a completely different adventure map.

Feedback and suggestions are strongly welcome.

For details check out: http://www.gamehopping.com/p/get-out-fast-test.html

6. GameHopping

7. MechLife

MechLife Member

Jan 17, 2013
    I really like this style of game! The graphics look a bit jerky though...when do you think we'll see more updates?

8. GameHopping

Thanks for the feedback.
    What did you consider jerky? The slide out windows? The more specific the better.
    An update is in approval for The House (what is it was Apple anyway?? New app: 1 week, small update 13 days and counting) to add The Test map and bring the improvements over from new game.
    In terms of further updates, I would love to add more and make new games of this type. But over 1500 DLs and one comment and rating is not making me feel a market. :(

9. MechLife

MechLife Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Hmm, yeah the action buttons are just very blocky and it sort of makes all the slide-out windows seem jerky. I do like the idea though. I think one of the best things about the old joystick games was the way all the graphics were very dark and jerky, it creates a certain mood, so not saying it couldn't work in your favor. But right now, the graphics aren't saying "mystery" to me.