Majesty 2

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by Kehaan, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
  2. LN3000

LN3000 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    TARDIS
    I bought this on Steam, I hope they release the Mac version there via SteamPlay...

3. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
    They wont, as its an different publisher :)

I brought it on MAS, and its awesome. One of the best RTS/RPG i have played before.

4. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    +1 Also one of the best RTS/RPG for me but it is also a bit more than that because it's an indirect RTS with RPG elements which makes it quite unique (quote it is quite different than the original Majesty which was more a Sim).

It's weird I had forgot there was the MacAppStore, I bought it recently with the two expansions at GamersGate which has the Mac version. Also the publisher just released the third expansion ie almost at same time than PC release.

I haven't yet find the time to play it on Mac (played it on PC some time ago) but from the few I played the port seems quite well done.

My single little complain is that the DLC system isn't in Mac version so the few DLC features are probably not included in this Mac version. But this need checking perhaps they are included for free.

5. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Sure that the DLC is not on the version, at Mac App Store? It says when i begin the game, that i can also use the editor (and that is from an dlc, what i know), and i can also chose other random maps in the game, which is also from an dlc.

Or have i misunderstood something?

From Kehaan

6. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Yes you misunderstood something. :) The update that bring back the map editor and some random in maps (it's not full random) was also the update that included the implementation of the DLC system.

Through this system you could download few free DLC and buy few other.

The Mac version I bought through GamersGate doesn't include this system. But it's possible that this Mac version includes the DLC. From replaying the original campaign (which is very fun and train me for playing the first expansion) I think I have clue they aren't included. But I'm not sure yet.

I am tempted to ask to Mac publisher to be sure.

7. Realkuhl

Realkuhl Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Not working for me!

Seriously bummed here - it (Majest2 version 1.0.0) hangs on the loading a mission screen and won't actually start the mission. I'm using latest OS X 10.6.6 and a Mac Pro with dual 3Ghz processors / 4GB or RAM. I thought it might be my video card, but it loads up-until the end of loading a mission without any warnings. I have a NVIDIA 7300 instead of the newer 8600 that it says it requires.... but I have 256 vs 128 MB of VRAM.

Any ideas ??

- John

8. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    Loved Majesty 1, Loved Majesty 2. There's something very pleasant in the gameplay of influencing units instead of directly controlling them.