Are others having trouble logging into GC?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LordGek, Nov 4, 2015.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Gang,

I can't login to GC, heck, I can't even get the GC app to launch. Have already tried a hard reboot to no effect. I'm based here in the San Jose, CA area, so right in Apple's backyard. My pal in Tampa, FL is not having similar issues so I wonder if it is just a regional thing or, even more possible, JUST ME. :(

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm having no problems. I'm in the U.S. on the east coast.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You're on iOS 9 or 9.1, aren't you? If yes...welcome to the club. It's been a few weeks now. Mind-boggling to think Apple hasn't fixed this yet and that $50 on GH: Live was SO worth it considering I can't even log in to GC to play it. :)

4. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I've been on 9.1 for a couple of weeks when, blam, this issue popped up today. It's at least comforting I'm not alone and others are surely giving Apple heck about this.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Game Center won't even open for me at all sucks cause I can't try out implosion that I got for free today cause of this I am on an iPhone 6 latest version of iOS 9

6. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I thought my experience was an isolated one. After all of the things I had to do to finally get Game Center to work, I'm right back at square one. It had been working fine for the last few weeks and then out of the blue, it freezes up. Any help or suggestions is appreciated......

7. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I even called Apple Support on this, and after having them walk me through a hard resets and resetting settings to no avail, they admitted that this was a known issue with iOS 9 and they're "working on it". :rolleyes:

8. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    It hasn't worked for me since 9.
    Apple have contacted me after my persistence and they got me to send my entire iPhone 6s backup to the engineers to see what the problem is.
    I still haven't had a reply back tho.
    I'm on iOS 9.2 beta 2 at the moment and still no joy.
    I'm sort of over it now, I just play my 3DS and WiiU now. Mario Maker and Pokemon are so much better than any iOS game out there anyway.

✌# peace

9. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Also apple support wouldn't know if there pants were on fire. Your better off googling it.

10. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    After my last chat session with an Apple agent, I'll cross my fingers and pray about it.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You've gotta be kidding me.

smh

12. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    The support guys seem to think it's going to be fixed in the next official update but you get a different story from the engineers. I think the problem is too much for them to handle.

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm glad I'm not only one. It's really weird because I've got 9.1 on both iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2 - works fine on the iPad but not at all on iPhone 6. I've tried backing up my phone and restoring a couple times. I've noticed it works a few times right after a restore, then nothing. Basically cut my iOS gaming down to nothing. Mostly been playing Tiny Tower Vegas, keeping my tower stocked...

14. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Exact same here works on my mini 2 but not on my iPhone 6

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #15 rIcHrAnDoM, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Ok, myself and NOEN have both been having this issue. Due to Twittering back and forth the ongoing happenings he and I have come up with a few musings and a seemingly temporary fix.

I've encountered the GC white screen and when trying to delete games that have GC integration the device locks up. I'm on an iPhone 6 and I first encountered it on iOS 9, now on 9.1 also.

After stressing over it for a week the first go-around, and trying everything under the sun, I did a factory reset and it brought GC back. I restored with iCloud.

I had about 3 good days of GC gaming, then got spotty for a day, then out the next.

Wash, rinse, repeat another time after that. When 9.1 released I was elated...no more GC issues, right? I mean it said right there in the update notes "fixes GameCenter login some users are experiencing". Wrong... Within a day same ol same. Factory reset, iCloud restore.

Only now, I get the bug occasionally and immediately delete apps as it appears this issue is somehow linked to an internal storage situation. When my device has around 10 gigs or less of free space things start to get sketchy with GC, if I'm at 5 gigs or less it's a safe bet that my GC is gonna f*** up.

Just some things for you all to consider since as an iOS gamer I can't think of anything more frustrating than not being able to utilize GC.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    25 GB here and the issue remains.

17. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Have you factory reset/iCloud restore?

18. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I had my 128gb iPhone 6 Plus with 90gb of free space when the problem started to happen. Then I did the full restore and I had even more free space and 2 days later the problem arose again. So I don't think the problem is space.

At the moment the only way to fix it is to full restore every 2 days, but no one can be bothered to do that. I was doing this for the first 2 weeks so I have fully restored my phone almost 10 times back to factory settings. Each time trying a different method of restore. Nothing works. Apple have my backup which I sent to there engineering and they are replicating the problem and trying to find a fix.

They have emailed me back and forth over 20 times and still no solution. I can't see a fix to this by year out. No more high score chasing for me any more and my gamer score is left on over 250,000 for the last 2 months.

My gamecenter does work on the new Apple TV tho.

I just mainly play my 3DS and wiiU now.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nah, and I wouldn't. I know its useless to do. :/

Also, yeah...I wouldn't have a problem with this stupid ****ing bug if it weren't a roadblock in me getting to start up GH Live. I paid $50, got the permanent GC issue (while, as others have mentioned, it was on and off previously) and now I can't even run the game thanks to Apple's bullshit.

20. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    There are some things I've read saying its iCloud related...