Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. DAV!DiOT

DAV!DiOT Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2008
    The update is out, but for bug heroes deluxe only =(

Are owners of the original game going to get the update too?

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yes most definitely. The updates were submitted at the same time but for some reason the regular BH update is still sitting In Review with Apple :/

3. Germy_Wermy

Germy_Wermy Active Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Update is out! Tried the Fiddler Crab but my profile was erased! Foursaken, a little help here? :)

4. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    #4304 Livven, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    Downloading the update, will report if I find any bugs (hopefully my profile will stay intact...). Thanks a lot for still supporting these wonderful games!

EDIT: Everything's good, even the save file of a previously started game carried over. Music issues are fixed as well, great.

5. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

:/ Obiously that should not have happened... but if you've synced with your computer any time recently you should be able to re-sync FROM your computer and restore you profile.

Btw, there is one bug that slipped through... ugh, thankfully minor though, but still annoying. When you try to deposit food into the Food Stash when its at its max, the message at the top is cut off. We'll have a hotfix out soon to clean that up.

6. KAZU-pokepikaz

Jan 15, 2011
    Japan
    stage select bug

and CRAB achievement icon is blank.
    I tested Reinstall.

Attached Files:

7. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

So the game has gotten a very bad visual glitch :mad:. When selecting maps, most of them appear blank. A lot of the heroes are blank when selected and there's more.

However, I love the abilities for Fiddler Crab. They are actually quite unique and really fit in with him. I especially love the animation he does when you select Retreat. I'm glad cause it's not just him automatically appearing at the base. I'm glad you, FM, have taken the time to do that animation.

I am dissapointed, however, about scorpion's level-up skills. Speed is alright, but I wanted something like Poison as another level-up skill. He is a scorpion, right? Scorpions can poison. I reckon that he should have Poison to replace Take Aim. Poison increases the chance of poisoning enemies when using a melee attack ability. Plus, where's the back-story for Crab??? This is the same problem that Mantis has.

Overall, I like the update, but some more effort could have been put in. I'm glad, though, that Bug Heroes is getting more attention. Now can I please ask...

Will you do another update with a hero inspired by your fans?

8. KAZU-pokepikaz

Jan 15, 2011
    Japan
    ladybug texture bug

select ladybug 2nd or 3rd hero.
    ladybug's texture is break.

Attached Files:

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

As a heads up - we know about the visual problems with the last update. Unfortunately they only appear randomly and only for some devices, so you may be lucky and see nothing, or unlucky and have a host of weird graphical glitches.

On the bright side... hotfix update has just been submitted and will hopefully be out soon, which fixes everything!

10. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    I can't say how brilliant this game is. I don't believe there is a game that has seen so much post-release love other than this title.

I expected you guys wouldn't be releasing anything else for this title and again I have been proven wrong. Thank you.

11. K-leb25

K-leb25 Active Member

So Foursaken Media...will you being creating another update with fan-based content? (Preferabally from the BH Wiki because it has recently gotten some heavy love).

I'm crossing my fingers on this one! :cool:

12. salty

salty Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    a quick question.. i've just downloaded the regular version and then i saw the deluxe version which has this in the description.

So does it mean if I want the IAP, I should purchase deluxe version instead first??

13. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    The game has five IAPs, all of which cost 0.99$, whereas the deluxe version which includes all these IAPs by default costs 4.99$. I'd just get the normal version and then the IAPs as you want/need them; it costs the same (a few cents less, actually), and I guess more people have it, so there's more activity on the leaderboards.

14. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    What are the crab's strong points & weak points ?

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Wow, that was fast! Hotfix updates for Bug Heroes, Bug Heroes Deluxe, and Bug Heroes Quest now available!

Crab is an armored hero, but slow, which makes him very vulnerable to medium/fast, armor piercing enemies like vampire bugs, assassin bugs, etc. Because of his low speed, you also have to be careful around even slow, heavy hitting enemies like small snails and armor ants for ex.

His strengths of course are his very powerful melee abilities, and his huge ranged AOE. If you equip him appropriately, he can take down large targets easily with his claw, and his bazooka can keep smaller hordes at bay (especially in combination with his armor).

Overall, he CAN be a very multi-purpose hero if you equip him accordingly.

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Not sure I can comment on this on right now... we LOVE Bug Heroes, but with the game nearing a year old (without achieving blockbuster success), we will have to pull the plug sometime...

Again, thats not to say there wont be any new updates, just no guarantees! If we do make another hero, we will certainly look to the Wiki for inspiration.

17. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    How do you use Crab's claw? I can't seem to unequip his bazooka - and some special abilities state they do more damage, etc. when he is using the claw. I use those and he still shoots his gun.

By the way, Scorpion is awesome - especially when he uses that one ability that gives him a lot of speed.

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Must confess that I had delete bug heroes a while back, cuz i needed space for something... Alas, such is life with an 8gig...

19. TC Games

TC Games Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    iOS developer
    It's a very interesting idea.

20. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    Wow! Thanks foursaken! I almost forgot about bug heroes! This crab/squorpian hero is really great! :-D wow who is still here from good old days? (a few months ago) lol