iPhone games that are good on iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DigitalB33R, Jan 8, 2011.

1. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I just got a new iPad a couple weeks ago and Im loving it, but I really wish there are more apps for it. I have tons of iPhone games but i know you can 2x them to fit the ipad screen, only problem is that the graphics are really bad.

I only tried some games, but are there any iphone games that when 2x look decent/good on the ipad?

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    None. Only iPad/Universal apps will look good.

3. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I really want to get an ipad myself so been keeping an eye on such info. From what i've read and gathered on the forums games with retro graphics seem to upscale well. A few notable ones that i can remember off of the top of my head are: pizza boy and phoenix wright.

Sorry will try to remember more but hope this helps.

4. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

If your not against jailbreaking, there's an app called FullForce that'll force iPhone games into iPad resolution. It doesn't work well on all of them, but for the ones that do, it's amazing.

Also RetinaPad, which displays retina graphics in 2x mode instead of stretched and ugly.

As for AppStore games though, there are tons of fun, playable ones, but you'll most likely wish you had the hd version.

PW does upscale well, and besides, it's the story that's amazing with that game :)

5. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    So let me guess, you played every single appstore game on the iPad? :rolleyes:
    Most 2D games are all right on iPad, especially those games without too much animation. Phoenix Wright doesn't look stretched out at all on iPad, very natural.

6. robertflorish

robertflorish Active Member

Nov 23, 2009
  7. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

Trainyard is a nice puzzle game that, maybe because of its vector nature, re-scales and gets crispy once you press the 2x button.

I don't know why they don't advertise this, but it's there :D

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Most retro looking games are good or games with cartoonish graphics.
    Things like cave bug panic, angry birds, soosiz, illusia, must run, etc.
    Cards and board games are ok ... When you accept lower quality art.

Cinematic games and hidden objects game .... Avoid.

9. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Some of those games aren't even out yet! :rolleyes:

10. Bakumens

Bakumens Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Hey,recommend one game optimized for iPad in HD version,Penalty Soccer HD,try it.

11. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    You would say that as the developer and it's awful I have never seen so many one star reviews