Universal Silversword - RPG (Bard's Tale '85 homage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Update 2.1.6 is live!

I have some news :)

Major changes!

- Experience points adjusted! After level 14, all classes will need 200,000 XP for the next level, increasing by roughly 7% per level.
    - Your actual characters will be adjusted to the new system. Sorry if this will turn out negative for your high-level party. But it adds more balance to the system.
    - Stats are now capped at 30 (primary stats are capped at 40).
    - Loot chances adjusted. You should get more loot now, even in high-level zones.

Minor changes!

- You will now have two new settings in the iOS App Settings Screen for Silversword: 1. Show XP to next level. This will show the experience points needed for the next level on the character screen instead of displaying the whole sum. 2. Display time. This will toggle a time display beneath the Settings Icon during the game. By touching the time, you can switch between real time and ingame time of day.
    - A Cancel button was added to the Deposit and Withdraw actions in the bank.
    - A bug was fixed that allowed selling unidentified items with a gold value of 0.
    - Song of Spirit now gives more SP when your Bard reaches level 20, 30, 40...
    - Walking Creak is now a plant.
    - In-App Purchase 500,000 Gold added. Once again: You don't need any IAP to play and enjoy the game!! This is for people who want to save some grinding time. I know that Archmage Spells are very expensive, but this was made for balancing the game, and not for boosting my In-App Sales. If you are still not convinced, write me a nice mail and I will see what I can do.
    - Before changing class, you are now informed when a character has not yet learned all spells for the current class.
    - New inventory function "Trade all" for trading whole stacks of items to another character.

Oops I nearly forgot...

A NEW USER INTERFACE for the iPhone version is alive! The party display is now larger, allowing you to select your characters more easily. In addition, a nice claw mark was added to the background. I hope you will enjoy it! The interface structure itself wasn't changed, to keep the classic Bard's Tale spirit alive.

Regards
    Mario

2. 2.1.9 live... but the next update is coming soon.

Done with the game? Far from it! Let’s spoil…

Update 2.1.9 brings you some more enhancements to stability. Characters are now saved upon creation, and enduring item effects like the Troll Ring should be working correct after Load/Save/Standby. But there’s more!

The “Divvy Gold” option will now complement the “Pool Gold” option.

The most special feature should be found out by YOU, when facing the next big boss mob the next time (Orc Chief, Maruziel, Sprenger, Warlord etc.). I hope you will like it!

Did I say that 2.2.0 is on the horizon? It is!

What to expect?

- When switching to another character you will stay on the same screen now (where applicable).

- Great enhancement to the map system: The overview map is now linked to every zone you’ve visited, and your zones are linked together so that you can explore every map ever visited by a simple touch!

- and more!

Best regards
    Mario

P.S. Interesting for some people who have difficulties reading and touching the game controls - there's a new option "font size" available, now can scale the output / buttons to fit your needs.

3. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Thanks for all the updates! I have had this since the free version, and its come a long way. It's nice to see someone who cares so much about their game :)

4. Thank you very much!

Updates keep coming, because there are so many players who bring up new ideas :)

The next big thing will be the "Legend" mode, for hardcore players ;-)

- A separate Leaderboard on Game Center
    - Saving game only possible in camps / guilds
    - No In-App-Purchases possible (except expansion + compendium), I know that this isn't a good way of making money ;-)
    - No starting gold
    - No welcome gift from your bank
    - HP and SP rolls on levelup fixed
    - and probably some more changes...

All the best
    Mario

5. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I absolutely love this game, but I'm always torn to start on what party composition I want :D

6. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I just bought this game. It's because I enjoyed QuestLord recently and then that inspired me to play the Quest. I have been ignoring that game since 2009! I enjoyed the main game and then a post by UndeadCow (mine and many other TA readers RPG mentor) made me aware of this game.

I've only played a couple of hours so far but I'm enjoying it immensely. It is so much more playable than the Bards Tale 1 to 3 within the The Bards Tale app which seem an unplayable mess by comparison.

Now I just bought the Compendium because it is easy to see that I will be spending a lot of time with this game.

Thanks to the dev for pouring his heart and soul into this game. Thanks to UndeadCow for finding and educating me about the finest RPG offerings on IOS.

Anybody who is new to IOS or anyone who has been disappointed with the lack of good games recently (with notable exceptions like QuestLord, Heroes&Castles etc) should delve into these old games as they are created with passion and by now are fully fleshed out, polished and relatively bug free.

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Downloaded due to the other thread which mentioned Silversword.

Anybody know how to change the colour scheme on the Silversword forum as the black background doesn't agree with me...

8. User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> My board style.

Kind regards
    Mario

9. v2.2.7

Just to inform you, some more adjustments are live now:

- new bank functionality for better vault handling: items are categorized in the "withdraw" menu
    - boost for IQ: bard songs have their duration extended - 6 seconds per intelligence above 14
    - boost for LK: on each melee attack, a d100 is rolled - if the result is below your Luck, you will score double damage (this will be shown in the combat messages) -- beware! your enemies will do it, too (their chance is 10%).

Kind regards
    Mario

10. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Thanks for the killer update!
    U put a lot of work into this, and it shows!
    :)

11. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Updating...

12. Uhm you are faster than me :)

Here's the actual update 2.2.8 with the new expansion "Rise of the dragons".
    Including...

- 28 new maps
    - many new items
    - a new spellcaster class "Dragoncaller"
    - new skills "Alchemy" and "Thief Mastery"
    - new spells
    - new challenging creatures
    - new upgrade info for your items, quickly check what item would be an upgrade if equipped

Enjoy!
    Kind regards
    Mario

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That update is massive; thanks for the new content. Hopefully more people notice SilverSword!

14. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Actually, if the developer is reading, why not release Silversword's expansion as a stand alone game too? I am primarily referencing the excellent expansion system used in The Quest, where each expansion can be added into the base game or played by itself as a scenario. That kind of I can surely play no matter even if I am a newbie kind of welcome, in the end hooked me into getting all the expansions, because I get to choose when I would like to embark on Quest B or to go play Quest C independent of my main party by playing it in the stand alone app...

That way, it would be more like the module system used in D&D where you pick up a module you like and just create appropriate level party to party. For the hardcore, they can still play through it all in a campaign instead.

15. Loda74

Loda74 Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Not been on this game in ages.

I might have to see what's happened in the last year. :)

16. Because the development overhead would be too big for me to handle.

Kind regards
    Mario

17. I just got recummended your game and I must say it is awesome I'm trying to convince my freinds to buy it but there on the fence and don't know if they want it...

18. Thank you very much!

As a welcome gift, they may mail me if they have any story problems and I will give a hint (which I normally don't) ;)

Kind regards
    Mario

19. Hello dear friends,

game version 2.3.2 is out now. And here are some of the changes:

- added description for "drained" to the manual
    - fix for failed rune enchantments (showing a large number)
    - songs from different bards will now stack
    - new "Drop whole stack" option
    - new item limit, you can only pack 99 items on a stack, and there is a bank limit of 250 items - this is to prevent game bugs and long waiting times
    - new bard song that will attract wandering creatures
    - runes higher than silver will now hurt were-creatures, too
    - runed glove counts for bare-handed monks now
    - alchemy spells should now show up in the last used spell list
    - new keyboard shortcuts for (c)ast spell, show (m)ap, (u)se item, (p)lay song
    - "Coals" can now cast again

As you see, the game is still evolving, thanks to your support and feedback.
    Polishing this gem is really fun :)
    Perhaps you might want to give it a try?

Kind regards
    Mario

20. Hello again,

sorry to bother you, but if you have any ideas for enhancing the replay value, just go ahead. There are still a lot of people who play the game since its release, and having more variety upon replaying would be fun.

As for now, you might want to update to 2.3.3, which will fix some bugs, add more keyboard control, and put a bank clerk on the Gateway to the Planes map.

Kind regards
    Mario