Are you looking for an artist to contribute music for your app?

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by syntheticvoid, Oct 8, 2010.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #1 syntheticvoid, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    I've just read the rules, and REALLY REALLY hope that I'm not going to get banned for this...

THIS IS IN NO WAY SELF-PROMOTION. AT LEAST I DON'T MEAN IT TO BE...

But getting into video game soundtracks has been a dream of mine since Metroid II... the way the music added so much to the atmosphere was amazing for me at the time...

I only post these links to give developers a better idea of what I am capable of when it comes to making music... I did have a bunch of links on here because I've covered so many different genres with so many different projects over the last 10 years...

But to play it safe, and hopefully, not get banned by posting this... I have put together 4 (2) demo/promo tracks to sort of... showcase what I am offering.

It's music that could fit an action sequence and music that can fix some exploration areas... I'd like to think it would fit in a game that felt like Corporate Fury mixed with Grokion and Silent Hill... and with a different version of that dark bleak track, an added pad makes it more... hopefull...

hard to describe... so here you go...

http://soundcloud.com/apparent-symmetry/sets/promo-for-game-developers

Lastly... I do not intend to make money from this... not at first anyway. If there for some reason is a demand for my music in video games, I might charge a nominal fee... but until then, I would just like to be listed in the credits. SO IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SEMI-WELL-KNOWN SOUND ENGINEER TO DO SOME FREE SOUNDS/MUSIC/ATMOSPHERES FOR THAT WONDERFUL GAME YOU'VE STARTED WORKING ON, AND FEEL THAT MY MUSIC WOULD HELP ENHANCE THE GAMING EXPERIENCE, PLESAE DROP ME A LINE (there's contact info on the soundcloud link... or you could just post a response in this thread and I'll get back to you.)

I hope there are some developers out there looking for a sound like I have to offer....

AGAIN, THIS IS NOT MEANT FOR PROMOTION!!!! And I'm sorry if the mods feel that it is, just say so, and I'll delete the post

2. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I like it.
    Contact me via PM. :)

3. Kalimba

Kalimba Member

Apr 3, 2009
    I've sent you an email; hopefully you'll receive it soon. Normally, I think it's pointless to respond in a forum thread if you're only stating that you've sent an email to someone :|, but I wanted to mention that the email address in the message at the Soundcloud site is apparently incorrect. I think I figured out what your email is supposed to be, so if you don't receive something from someone with the initials "MG", please post valid contact in this thread.

4. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So far, I've been asked to do two game soundtracks... then I've got some bigger name companies interested in sound design...

I'm offering ONE more game soundtrack WITH NO CHARGE, after that, I will start charging for tracks/fx (unless your game is something I would REALLY want to be a part of... this includes sci-fi platformers, and FPS...). - SO IF YOU'RE IN NEED OF MUSIC FOR YOUR APP/GAME, DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME @ [email protected]

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    And now, all free spots are taken up...

I WILL NOW BE CHARGING FOR FUTURE SOUNDTRACKS DEPENDING ON HOW MANY TRACKS/FX YOU ARE WANTING...

don't worry... I'm still REALLY cheap (and promo codes are like crack for me...)

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I've been lucky enough to have heard a few of Syn's tracks, and it's quality stuff!

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o)

Thanks for the support!!! If you're interested in hearing my entire catalogue of music, just let me know - [email protected] - I've got a couple of soon to be released songs that I'm dying to get some feedback on... (not released yet means I can't upload them anywhere online yet...) =o/

But I have added quite a few more songs to the Showcase Of Tracks for Video Game Soundtracks, if anyone is still interested, I need to talk to a couple of other artists I know before I decide what I will charge for tracks... but as I've stated before, it will depend on who is developing the game, how many tracks/fx you will need, how long they need to be, and what the budget is for the sound portion of your game(s)... but I can promise it will be about 30-40% lower than what most other artists/musicians will charge in most cases...

I'm doing this because I am now 'contracted' to do 6 video game soundtracks (4 of which came in yesterday...) - and I've just found out that me and my wife are 6 weeks pregnant. I need to find a way to help bring in a little more cash (she has 3 of her own children already...).

But thank you all for your interest in my music... and really, if anyone on here wants copies of my music, don't hesitate to ask, it's all been released for free online, and I do tend to send some un-released material to people who seem to really get my music...

Again, thank you all!