Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Ha! Lovining it! Softening armor for an easy kill.

2. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Mmm, this is definitely on my list for when I get my first paycheck...

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Same thing happened to me -- had to start a new character. And no, I didn't restart the device before starting the game. Will do so now.

4. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Oh wow, it crashed again. I'm going to redownload.

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I would say you are missing out. These are great devs and they really listened to us in the beta of the game. 5 for supporting them is cool with me... but I forget that idevice users are the $1 General Store shoppers of the video game world.

http://www.100rogues.com/

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Working very smooth for me on my iTouch 2G. After I downloaded I booted up my "System Activity Monitor" To clear up memory. I Have yet to experience a crash. Loving my Crusader btw.

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes rebooted of course, yes did everything I was supposed to do and yet I crashed mid-battle. First time I was on floor one. Restarted my device and cleared the first floor and thought I was good to go - same thing happened on the second floor but this time was able to get a "continue" on the screen so I thought not all was lost. But each time the load screen finishes and I "touch to start" it crashes. In the process of reinstalling now from scratch so let's hope that fixes it!

8. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Well, I just played the first two floors and although I must admit I wasn't as convinced about this game as some (which didn't stop me from buying this much-anticipated roguelike right away, mind you) I am definitely sold on it now. I can already tell there is going to be a lot of strategy in it, which is exactly what I love in a Roguelike. I also appreciate the movement and art more than I thought I might from preview videos. And the music is just awesome. I can tell there will be many hours of entertainment here.

Re: bugs--I didn't have any crashing issues so far, (I did restart my device after downloading) but I am having the apparent glitch with the skill tree where it displays a skill point, but I haven't found any way to add it. I was able to do so earlier, however, so it's not like I just don't know how to do it, so it must be a bug I suppose.

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Can it only be played in portrait mode? :( The game looks great but I can't justify a $5 purchase if so, holding the width of the iPhone is a terrible strain on my hand

10. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yes, it's only in portrait. I wouldn't mind seeing an update which allows it to be played in landscape though. I'll just cross my fingers on that one.

11. BrianRubin

BrianRubin Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Definitely looks awesome, can't wait to give it a try next week when I can spare the funds. ;)

12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Still nothing in the uk. Hope the dev is releasing it here... :-(

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I restarted and everything seems to be working fine now--hopefully it will stay that way.

14. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hold it with two hands? Portrait mode is what I prefer when it comes to iPhone games, personally.

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Pretty much the same thing on the skill point tree. I still show one. It has been there since the initial allocation of usage.

Agreed. Being able to flip to landscape mode on the fly and open up the screen a bit more.

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, then this is not sounding all that stable. :(

17. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Working so far after I re-installed it. Keeping my fingers crossed that was all it took!

I thought that too about the skill points but the "1" is in green and the "0" is a black outline that kind of makes it look like a 1.

18. postmanmanman

postmanmanman Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Are you supposed to get a skill point every level? I don't seem to get one when I hit level 3.

19. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    V NICE

The "v" stands for "very". I've been waiting for this one for awhile, personally.

I'm surprised people like landscape mode so much. I always like portrait mode games.

20. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm getting this when I get home, after such a (huge) review, this is a must buy :p.