Archipelagos [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PaulCarruthers, Jan 30, 2013.

1. PaulCarruthers

Feb 9, 2012
    Hi everybody. In review right now is our game Archipelagos. Originally written for Atari ST/Amiga and now rewritten for iOS. Here's a gameplay video of level 31.

http://youtu.be/uz2WbH8ihF8

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Wow! I played that back in the day on my Amiga. I remember enjoying it. It will be interesting to see of it holds up. Is this a straight port or is it enhanced?

3. PaulCarruthers

Feb 9, 2012
    One or two early maps have been tweaked to give a better learning curve, but otherwise they're the same. I've kept David Whittaker's music exactly as it was because it's brilliant and sets the perfect atmosphere for the game. The graphics are taken from a PC incarnation from a few years back.

I've added that land connected to the obelisk is highlighted (both in the game and in the map). Hopefully this takes away some of the frustration of destroying stones, and makes it a little easier to play.

4. PaulCarruthers

Feb 9, 2012
    Here's a screenshot...
    [​IMG]

5. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    That sounds great, Paul. I remember Whittaker's cool music in Amiga classics like Speedball (so great a game back then, but it didn't work for me at all on the iPad) and Shadow of the Beast. I am really looking forward to playing Archipelagos.

6. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
  7. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    This turns the clock back, now we need the masterpiece that was the SENTINAL......... Perfect for touch screen as well :)

I have bought this again and very nice too. Can we have a second tap or double tap to stop movement?

Thanks GaZ

8. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Changing direction in mid move from A to B would be good as well.
    There are times you want to change direction but can't until the move you started is finished. That would make navigating the islands so much more natural imo