Dead Trigger 2 - (by MADFINGER Games, a.s.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Fair enough, but as many mods have said to me and others, some posts are inflammatory and some just end up feeding the trolls and surely the best solution is not to feed them.
    And I don't mean that in relation to your own posts but I'm sure you know from the previous one the problem with how things will be perceived or mis perceived and that its best simply not to participate or enflame matters with posts that can be misperceived.
    Seems like the only sensible thing to do.
    I won't be participating further in this thread myself and as my last one and this are mostly off topic, its probably best to delete them but as you make the rules at the start, I think everyone, even the rule makers, should follow them. That's fair enough surely.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

3. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Here we go again

4. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I'm willing to bet that there will be no multiplayer in this one. Otherwise it probably would have been announced. That would be a huge draw for the game...obviously. I hope I'm wrong though, co-op mode would be nice. :D

5. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I already posted the details previous page. No mp or coop.

6. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    Please don't get our hopes up for mp a d coop. Your press conference and press release mentions nothing about it.

7. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well, As long as this sequel has a proper story more, that counts as a legit sequel, everything will be alright.

8. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    Which part of arcade & addictive don't you understand?

9. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    I hope I don't offend anyone here, but who seems to be the trouble-cause so far?

And on a separate note, can mods actually ban/suspend you if you break your own rules?

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The two pages of deleted posts, mostly.

11. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    You weren't here for the original Dead Trigger thread. A lot of us are preparing for round 2

12. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I just realized you have 1.25 million posts. Holy cow.

Regardless, there must be some sort of compensation to players who played the first game. Maybe some sort of awesome weapon to people who made an account before a certain date.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    This thread is bringing back memories from May 2012 like it was yesterday...

Now taking bets on the number of bans/timeouts that will be dished out. Also wagering on the number of deleted posts :p

I think I might just abstain and observe the carnage from the sidelines, though. I really think that DT2 could be fun if a lot of things were changed/added, most notably co-op, better map design (this is really important) and at least 5 very different zombie types (also very important). The original just was a disappointment in so many ways and just left a bad taste in my mouth after the freemium switch.

14. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #114 Darth Nihilus, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    I understand everything, Arcade means now many things, from a game mode to the gameplay itself, the fact that is arcade doesn't mean it won't be story driven.

Arcade can be opposite to realistic, Mortal Kombat 9 has arcade gameplay, but it has a story, UFC undisputed has a career mode and it's not arcade, do you follow?

No need to get spasmodic just yet buddy.

15. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well, taking into consideration how many people begged, demanded and asked for the co-op for the 1st one, I think it's pretty imperative that they add it in this one.

Plus, nothing really substantial has been said about the game, let's not discard it right away.

16. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    Oh well...two pages of deleted posts? As in here or the original Dead Trigger thread that many are talking about? I have been following this thread since almost the first day and can't recall seeing many (any, even) posts being deleted.

17. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    Pardon my naivety then. I was under the impression that arcade games almost never have storylines.

In any case, if this game was either story-driven or had co-op, it would have been roundly stated as such in the press release since these two will make it vastly different compared to the original game and will lead to much praise. The fact they don't mention it means these are not getting into DT2.

18. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Well yeah, think about it, even the games in the arcade machines had a storyline most times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it wasn't a "press release" of DT2, they were showcasing Nvidia and they used the "DT2 footage" for it, read MFGs themselves, they said they built that demo specifically for that presentation, they did not say anything about the game itself, so you can say the game won't have those features, but the truth is that you don't know.

19. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    just wish this one is story based. i mean REAL story based

20. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    There was indeed a press release released by Madfinger Games. Contained zero word of multiplayer or story. Can read it on Android Police (I will not link to that site so as to avoid any trouble that may arise).