Wrecking Ball - iPhone & iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Avizzv92, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avizzv92

Avizzv92 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    #1 Avizzv92, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    Just would like to share with everyone Alternative Visuals' second application that is coming to the app store soon!

Wrecking Ball​

Wrecking Ball is a physic based puzzle/strategy game that requires planning and problem solving to effectively take down buildings. As your progress through the game you are presented with new challenges and obstacles to overcome. It is up to you to properly and efficiently demolish the buildings.

You’re in control of the wrecking ball as you use touch controls to raise, lower, and move the wrecking ball. Once the wrecking ball is in the desired position tilt your iPhone or iPod Touch to swing the wrecking ball with just the right force to damage the buildings. Every swing requires planning and strategy to efficiently take down a building in varying conditions

Features

30 Worksites Too Complete - Play through three locations with 10 worksites to be completed for each location.

- Countryside: The easiest location offers optimal working conditions providing a good starting point for anyone!

- Wilderness: As you work in this location, watch that you don’t have any debris land in the lake. Possible windy conditions also create a challenge.

- City: While working in the city you have less room to work with, make sure you don’t damage surrounding structures.

Worksite Editor - Use the very same worksite creation tool the developers did to create, play, and share your own worksites. Sharing of the worksites can be done with Bluetooth.

OpenFeint Enabled - Earn achievements and make it onto the leader board while you progress through the game.

Custom Music
    - Create your own play lists from your music library within the game too listen to while you play!

In-App Purchases (Future Update) - Purchase expansion packs with new jobs, over time new packs will be created.

Trailer:
    note: At some parts in the game it may seem laggy and slow, this is due to the iPhone Simulator's performance while running with screen recording software. Also the wrecking ball movement seems jittery and unnatural because I had to use a 3rd party tool to send accelerometer information from the device to the simulator. The game itself runs smoothly!

SCREEN SHOTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Looks tight!

3. Avizzv92

Jan 3, 2009
    Here is a new video with direct game play footage from a device.

4. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Loving the look!

5. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    It looks heavily inspired by Implode!, but i'd love to review this sometime

6. Avizzv92

Jan 3, 2009
    I'm not going to say they don't share the same root goal (destruction of a building) or that it wasn't partially inspired from Implode!. The methods of obtaining the root goal are different, possibly requiring more strategy and user input. I feel this game requires more user interaction then just placing bombs on a structure and hitting a button (not trying to be overly simplistic with it, Implode is a fun game). The user in this game I think will have more interaction, and in-turn a more rewarding experiencing.

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009