Sentinel 2 or Star Defense?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arhb, Jul 9, 2009.

1. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    So I am an ngmoco:) fan, but I already have sentinel 1 and found it pretty neat. Basically I am torn. Both games look good. Does the 3D view in SD add much to the game - or is it just as one person said like having a zoomed in view of a 2D map? Are the ship weapons and extra game modes of S2 good and add to the pretty solid tower defense style of the first?
    What would you buy if you were me?

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I've never tried Star Defense, but I can safely say Sentinel 2 is a really great game. Better than the first by far.

3. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Sentinel 2. When I first bought Star Defense, I was enjoying it. Then I bought Sentinel 2 and whenever I go back to Star Defense I just can't play it because it's so boring compared to Sentinel 2. Get Sentinel 2, you won't regret it.

4. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    In Star Defense the 3d view adds to the gameplay because you have to continually turn the map to wath the enemies and the towers. Only 5 towers but I enjoy the game a lot.

In Sentinel 2 the new weapons from the ship are a nice addition and a good twist to the strategy in the game and there is a different 3rd upgrade for the S1 weapons too.

I canĀ“t choose 1 of the 2 games but because you have S1 I say go for SD

5. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    What about replayability and overall game length - I'm assuming both games have endless modes, but the SD expansions look kinda neat - do people think they are worth the extra money? Which one is better tuned for players?

6. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Sentinel 2 hands down. The graphics are gorgeous, it's so much better than the first. Just get it, yout won't regret it. I'm a sucker for constantly trying to beat my own high score so if that's what your going for :)

7. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    The new galaxy map is not out yet but I surely will get it. The 2 games have excellent replayability. In both games there are achievements, online challenges and leaderboards. I am sure you will get both games, just start for the one you like more now, or go for SD to have a change with S1. I still play S1 and will be playing it for a long time

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Sentinel 2. Star Defense just doesen't have anything really spechial.

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Star Defense.

10. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Go for Star Defense. The 3D planets are amazing, and plus+ just makes it better.

11. Vikram

Vikram Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    You should really start a poll.

12. mynamesJT

mynamesJT Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Definitely Star Defense