Universal Dungeon Plunder by Dominic Duchesne (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    So basically you're allowing players the opportunity to play and try the full game for free now?

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Not really. From the original version thread:

3. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

So basically it's a "Lite" version? That should probably still be placed in the original thread, appended to the first post as a lite with unlock. That way people can still see that their is a fully paid version available.

Great game btw, highly recommended.

4. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #984 Pipipitchu, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    The same version I play on the "full game". I haven't purchased any IAPs, I always play with the warrior and I don't spend points to earn more coins during the battles (so I'm always lower on gold).

Anyway, I recommend to get the free version to try. If you like it, get the full one to support the developer.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's not really a lite either. I debated whether to create a thread for it, but I think it's probably okay though it will divide discussion so I dunno, whatever the moderators think. It's really a fairly novel idea. It's a free, ad-supported version with consumable IAP. Permanant IAPs can make the ads go away and enable all the content of the regular version, but consumable IAPs will always be there. So there's the original paid version for people who dislike freemium/paidmium stuff, and a free version that can act both as a lite for people who dislike consumables and as a freemium version.

6. You have it pretty much nailed on: I aimed to create a version of the game that, while free, still feels like a complete offering.

The game has been previously balanced as a 0 performance IAP one (although it's not easy to beat by any means) and you're getting that experience with this free version. If you unlock a mix of 3 classes/skin packs the game will stop displaying the occasional ads between fights but is not otherwise required to complete the game.

Kind of an experiment - will be interesting to see if this model works for my future titles.

I'd propose to have this thread merged with the existing one as it's still the same game outside of these small differences. It would be useful to have the title labeled as Free/Paid with both links inside the first post if at all possible so players can be aware of the new one.

7. Just submitted version 1.22 for the free version of Dungeon Plunder which fixes some interface glitches on the shop screen (doesn't affect the regular paid version).

1.23 will be submitted in roughly 2 weeks for both versions and will have new features. More about it as I get closer to release.

8. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Ok, stupid question time. How exactly do you beat the game? I just killed Nicodemus and nothing happened? Please tell me I am overlooking something and this isn't a bug.

9. It could be but there's more to it. To avoid spoiler details send me an email at [email protected] and I'll followup with you shortly. Thanks.

10. blackbear219

Dec 20, 2012
    I finally beat the game with the ranger last night. Phew, what a run! I found some awesome artifacts and also got lucky with the life scrolls, having up to 7 (!!!) at one point and 4 left when I finished.

I am normally the kind of person that plays many different games, but not since I discovered Dungeon Plunder. I have kids that are constantly climbing the walls and it is the perfect game for my schedule. You can pick it up for literally just one minute and still accomplish something, or you can play it for hours at a time.

The dev is active on these forums and is a great source of information and support. Being that he is so active, it almost felt as if I was playing directly against him. After more than one death, I found myself shaking my fist and cursing his name, in a good way. :)

All in all, just a fantastic game. I am working on the warrior now, which is a pretty gritty class with high survivability which is an interesting contrast from the glass cannon approach I took with my ranger.

11. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Finally got past level 5 with warrior, but now I'm afraid of every fight as I need to level up before next area and enemies are all very tough it's to crack .
    Very intrigued with ranger class, think I will buy all skins after I get more experience with warrior class.

12. Leeabe51

Leeabe51 Member

May 27, 2013
    New to the game, just downloaded the free version. I tried to go through this thread to find answers, but it's a bit much to read through. Anyway...

I don't get the damage system. For instance my level 3 warrior is fighting a snake. I have 44 health and 14 shields. I attack on a turn (no shields gained) and this is the combat result: 7 Damage (Blocked, 5 defense lost). Me ending health is 44 and shields is 8. Obviously, I lost 6 shields, almost every round I can't figure out the damage model.

13. Hello Leeabe,

Nice catch: just verified and there's a glitch in the display when no health is lost and the detailed battle output is selected. Formula is applied correctly (i.e. defense is properly subtracted) but the number in the text is wrong. Fixed it, will be live on next update.

Back to your question: as a warrior each shield has an inner chance of absorbing 2 damage instead of one. You can also increase this chance by spending skill points in defense, by scribing a defense rune (obtained on your legacy stash when you die on a good run) or by obtaining a +defense artifact if you're lucky. These artifacts have a chance of carrying over to your next character when you die.

Good luck.

14. Leeabe51

Leeabe51 Member

May 27, 2013
    Thanks for the answer. Enjoying the game, going to buy the regular version.

15. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    #995 Jazzpha, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
    I'm playing with the armored monk who looks like Shredder, and for some reason he's stuck showing 7 exp at the beginning of level 2 even if I kill more enemies. First time anything like this has happened. Anyone else have this happen? Playing the full version, ios 6, iPhone 5.

Edit: never mind, just unstuck itself. Weird.

16. blackbear219

Dec 20, 2012
    Did I mention that I really, really hate Stone Golems?

17. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    No, but every time I battle through some high level enemies to get to a chest and a Mimic rears its head, I want to punch things. I hate Mimics.

18. blackbear219

Dec 20, 2012
    Ugh, yes. That is brutal as well. Mimics should drop loot, that would ease the pain.

19. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    +1 for hating stone golems.

My new strategy for them is to just be SUPER patient. Having a Mage helps too since you can save your time warp for the one time you do get 4 staves you can repeat it the next round.

20. blackbear219

Dec 20, 2012
    I beat Nicodemus with my second class last night, woohoo!

Next up? Goblin Rogue!