Ad's clogging up touch Arcade site performance? :(

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Bad Hanson, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Is it just me gang or have others noticed the site not loading up too well at the moment? it seems there are too many animated ad's loading up before I get my page to read. It's very jerky and keeps refreshing the pages when I am trying to hit up articles -which I find very annoying. I have a pretty good broadband connection: It's been this way for a couple of days on all my devices. It is getting to the point not where it is so sluggish I'm deferring to other sites for my ios information and reading.

2. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Why don't you try browsing on a Desktop or Laptop?

3. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Yeah it takes longer to load, but the alternative is not the TA we know and love.

4. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Where is the location of these ads? I ask because you can turn some ads off.

5. Bad Hanson

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    It appears to be since the Chocolate Tycoon ad's went up they don't seem to be formatting at all smoothly on my iphone 4 or my ipad. As for ditching my ipad to browse on a desktop??? -I can only presume you are joking 'Dino. Other sites loading fine. I hit up TA maybe 20 times a day it's just been a niggling me the past couple of days or so, -so I thought I'd put it out there.

6. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Yeah who needs that extra power and graphics capability of a desktop to browse anyway... :rolleyes:

7. Bad Hanson

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Jeez. What is it with you guys!? Scott, The ipad is MADE for web browsing, try sitting in front of the tv with your desktop on your lap. Besides, I have a painful nerve disease and ipad is much easier to use than holding a mouse. So your trolling/sarcastic quip was unhelpful and unnecessary Scott. I created this thread to guage if others were having the same problem.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It does seem a bit odd trying to dissuade people from using portable Apple devices to browse a website promoting portable Apple devices.

9. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I don't know that I've really seen a difference lately - it always has seemed a little slower loading some of the ads (for me, they are the ones at the top of the screen, Vester). I'll be thinking I'm hitting a thread link just as the ads load, the thread will jump down, and my tap will result in me ending up going out to iTunes via one of the ads. It's a little annoying, but I've tried to get into the habit of waiting the extra time for it to finish loading, so it's not a huge deal. And definitely agree - browsing on the iPad is great.

10. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Click User CP, Edit Options, scroll to the bottom, click "Yes" on disable top ads.

11. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Thanks, Vester!

12. Bad Hanson

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Hey thanks :) that's good advice Vester. Thanks for a constructive tip. Actually now it's back to the standard front page it's loading up nice 'n fast again bit I'll keep what you suggested in mind for the next time the site overdoes the ad's. Like I said, many thanks.

13. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I just use the .99 app "perfect web browser" You can disable images so any ads will be gone but the links at the top will disappear too. But the app also gives you a option to stop refreshing the page for those animated ads.

14. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008