Natural Born Soldier - get transposed into a FPS (BETA next week)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dontonka, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontonka

dontonka Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Indie Game Developer (www.naturalbornsoldier.com)
    Montreal, Canada
    #1 dontonka, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Hello TouchArcade folks, my name is Eric Lajeunesse and I’m a passionate solo indie game developer (a.k.a. as dontonka). My current mission is to bring the coolest First Person Shooter (FPS) on mobile this summer :), and summer is just there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jump straight into pure action with Natural Born Soldier, an FPS that gives you the unique opportunity to personify a soldier and defend your homeland from your mobile device. Customize your 3D soldier's face with your own picture or avatar, select your homeland you want to fight for, and you are ready to go! The end result is pretty cool as other players see you transposed into the game itself. Just imagine playing against friends and peoples you know! You will have a unique and amazing experience which no other FPS on the mobile market provides. The goal is to bring into the mobile market a fun FPS that generates strong emotions and is really easy to grasp.

Natural Born Soldier has just entered closed BETA on iOS, and I’m inviting You to join in. You have a chance to try out Natural Born Soldier as one of first people, and give me highly valued feedback. I have a limited amount of slots available, so sign up quickly!

BETA details:
    - You must reside in the American continent (the entire continent, from Canada to Argentina).
    - Must have iOS 8 or newer, as the application is downloaded via TestFlight.
    - Be passionate about FPS.
    - Be ready to invest 30 min. of your time, next week during the evening (GTM-5), so that all BETA testers will be playing in Multiplayer at the same time.
    - Be willing to give me feedback about your experience.

Those who participate in the BETA and give me honest feedback will earn a unique weapon when the game is released which will be hard to get otherwise.

Those that wants to participate, drop me an email at [email protected] just saying your name, put BETA in the subject, and the email you want me to send you the invite for the BETA testing.

www.naturalbornsoldier.com
    I'm also on PreApps

Thank you!
    Eric

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Wait...so I need to be in America to enter the beta?
    Also,will the game be free or premium?Cause I'm going to buy it anyway/support you by buying IAPs.

3. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Yes only in America continent, which is a lot of countries :). The thing is that I will run the BETA only using one server which is located in USA to minimize complexity. On release, multiple servers will be available. This is to bring good experience and minimal lags.

Where are you located exactly?

You might want anyway to subscribe your email into the game webpage http://www.naturalbornsoldier.com so you get notified when the game is released, up to you.

The game will be free at launch, and after having a certain number of download will be paid. Price is not yet define, but will be affordable. There will be no Ads or in-app purchase.

Eric

4. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    BTW the guys, this post is not only dedicated to BETA testing of Natural Born Soldier, but basically any feedback or comments on how the games look like from your perspective would be great :).

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Eric

5. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Looking forward to this! Please look into mfi controller support and make sure that the game runs smooth. A shame I can't participate in the beta.

6. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Cool Terrence. Yes 2 months ago I figure out MFi support was a must for my game, as I was seeing many request for that feature on MC5 and gamers complaining, so I decided to put this in. So MFi controller is supported, I made the development with Mad Catz CTRLi, but all the iOS enabled controller on iOS should be working.

You can subscribe on my website so that you know exactly when the game the released :).

Cheers,
    Eric

7. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
  8. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Awesome to hear mfi is supported here :D

9. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks @kopicha :). I hope you enjoy it. Which gamepad do you use, and on which FPS have tried it out?

10. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    ---Status on the BETA---

So some toucharcade FPS fans have been included in the Beta :). Thank you!

For those who wants to be in the BETA and win their unique weapon, it's the time to pull the trigger as in 1 or 2 days I'll have to close the door and kick it off. Last chance folks!

Cheers,
    Eric

11. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    ---Status on the BETA---

Ok toucharcade FPS fans, the BETA will be on Thursday 8pm Central Time (GTM -5).

I cannot sent the TestFlight invite yet as tomorrow I will add another chunk of players from another site and I prefer to send the invite only once when I have all the players information.

Cheers,
    Eric

12. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Cool looking game, but... lol. You used the sample Unity scenes (At least the cave scene it looks like) from the Mobile Environment Pack (MEP) off the Unity Asset Store. Like the cave scene, that's just the sample scene when you download the environment pack. Link to pack https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/9041

13. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    #13 dontonka, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Hello nxtboyIII,

Indeed, for the environments I bought it from the Asset Store, all my maps not only the Cave :) lol, and made modifications to them to suite my needs... Personally, I don't see why I should re-event the wheel or do stuff that I'm not expert at (3D modelling etc), that is why Asset Store exist right :)? As a solo indie developer, on a mobile FPS project too (ohhh direct competitor, is it why you post this?), you should know that correct? The players doesn't really care where the map come from, as long as it suite well the game and it is fun.

Finally, I also prefer investing my time in original and fun features better then designing entirely a map myself which at the end will not be good anyway as what professional can do.

Sir nxtboyIII I see your post a little bit as trying to bash in some way or another my game, I know we play in the same arena, but next time try to be more professional and constructive, otherwise better to not post anything :).

Good luck with your ZONA X project.

BTW, this post is pretty old, will be creating a new one pretty soon.

Cheers,
    Eric L.

14. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Um... ok but I'm not making ZONA project X lol, that's a different guy (Tenb)

15. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    Good point, I miss my shoot a little bit but not that far :) lol as you are developing a FPS like myself, and can see you also use the same asset as I do (can appreciate Desert map in your screenshot), reason why I assume your post.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=263500

Eric

16. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Yeah but what I was saying was that you just used the sample scenes instead of making your own

17. dontonka

Sep 23, 2014
    Montreal, Canada
    lol, as I was saying, I don't want to design my maps from scratch and simply buy some from professional artist and MODIFY them :), which at the end are my own flavor of it. I mean we can debate this for while, if you believe you the contrary, it's your stuff mate, good luck with that.

For that first release, that will be it. Later on, I might modify the maps even more, but the fact is if player likes the map how they are in the moment (this is the feedback i received from 2 BETA test sessions by more than 20 external players), why I would invest more time in modifying them even more when i can improve other key features. The funny part is that from the trailer, you cannot really know how much I did modify the original scene but you seems to know more than me how much I did modify them :) lol.

Keep going bro. I have some development todo.

Eric

18. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I beta tested, and the game is pretty decent. I can't wait to see how it comes out in the end result.