3G Turn-Based Multiplayer Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BK0077, Sep 2, 2009.

1. BK0077

BK0077 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I'm new to the board, but tried to search back a couple pages and did not see a thread on this topic.

I'm hoping to find a board game, card game or something simple that 4 friends can play one turn at a time on separate iPhones over the 3G network.

Do either of the Scrabble apps (SCRABBLE or Lexulous) allow this?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Also, what's the best simple chess app for two friends to play a game over 3G?

Thanks guys. Just got my iPhone and am already hooked on Gomi and the RPG Vay.

2. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    wrong thread, but your new here so nevermind that. welcome :)

as for the board game, i dont think there is anything like that at the moment. correct me if im wrong. it might be added as a future update to existing games.

3. BK0077

BK0077 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    #3 BK0077, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    Rough to hear this might not exist.

Sorry to post this in the wrong spot. Where should it go?

edit to add: Moved to the right board.

4. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Hi BK0077

Welcome to TA :)
    Next time you can report a post by clicking on the red triangle on the top right hand corner of a post. You can do this if you see a post misplaced, a post with spam, etc. I've closed the other thread and moved this one to the right place already :)

5. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I was thinking about this the other day...

it would be REALLY cool if the game gave push notifications when it was your turn.

I would LOVE to see Civilization Revolution multiplayer work like that!
    Y'know... you take you're turn then your friend gets notification that it's their turn and so on and so forth!

6. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    It's not out yet, but Battle for Wesnoth will let you guys play up to 8-player multiplayer turn-based games. And you can even play with people who don't have iPhones - it's cross-platform multiplayer.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=19976

7. BK0077

BK0077 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    So, to be clear, there is no game out there that a group of 2-4 friends can play across the 3G network on separate iPhones?

Out of curiosity . . . why? Does it have to do with the nature of the programming?

It seems like such an obvious idea.

8. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    You can type the word "online" into itunes and do a search. There are truckloads of games with online turn based multiplayer. The best i'd played are Uniwar and Starhogs.