Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Armywm

Armywm New Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Sandstone Dragon?

I have one listed where you can buy eggs but when I try to breed it, it says the 2 dragons I need are incompatible. Any ideas?

2. Taitai1999

Taitai1999 Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Sandstorm right? And to breed it you need to breed an air and a earth hybrid. I recommend to breed Air+Mud because there are less possible dragons and the breeding times are shorter. Same goes for BlueFire. Breed fire+ a cold hybrid.

Taitai1999

3. Armywm

Armywm New Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Thank you. Then what do I breed with that one?

4. Foreverengraved

Foreverengraved New Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Tried the scorch and ice combo and got a rainbow on the first try still no luck with sun or moon though. Waiting to try storm and sonic cross for a moon which I've read elsewhere has worked. Having a hard time with the sandstorm dragon tried air and mud combo over a dozen times now and no luck. Are there any other crosses for sandstorm that have worked?

5. Taitai1999

Taitai1999 Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Which one?:confused:

6. Taitai1999

Taitai1999 Active Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Sun and Moon

So can someone tell me all the succeeded combos for both Moon and Sun? In or out of this forum too. As long as they have worked

Thanks,
    Taitai1999

7. moondoggy

moondoggy New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I have Sun, Moon & 2 Rainbows

I bred Seaweed(10) & Firefly(10) for first rainbow dragon. Took about 40 tries.

Both Sun & Moon were from Blue Fire(10) & Crystal(10) both in the same order. Got Sun around 11:30 am Eastern and Moon 12 hours later at 11:20pm Eastern. Unsure if that makes a difference, but I'm going to keep going with that combination & see what turns up.

Sun & Moon both have 48 hour breeding & hatching times. Same as the rainbow dragon.

While going for the Sun, got my second rainbow dragon with the Blue Fire(10) & Crystal(10) combination.

I used gems to speed up the first rainbow, the breeding of the second rainbow and the breeding/hatching of both Sun & Moon.

You can't breed Rainbow, Sun or Moon with anything.

I forgot to record the value at the levels, but my level 9 Sun is 240/min and level 6 Moon is 162/min.

I had both the Sun & Moon habitats before I bred them.

If you want to see it in action, my gamecenter ID is mikehaydon. Gems welcome :)

8. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    WHOO, how lucky are you????
    On 5th try with blue fire & crystal, now have a 14 hr wait GRR....guessing it's
    a mountain.

You said 5.30 NZ time, but was that am or pm?
    I am also a Kiwi, now in Oz hehe, so that's why I am curious if it was
    morning or evening with our 2 hr time difference.

Looks like more of the same old same old for me......weeks of getting no where
    with a sandstorm, or 2nd Rainbow and blue fire, now these two may turn into
    another big frustration.

Genuinely happy for all of you who have one of the new ones or even two as is your case (jail breakers not included in this compliment) but why oh why do some people get one straight away, yet others just keep trying for weeks and weeks on end and still nothing? :mad:

9. moondoggy

moondoggy New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Girlpower I'm also in Australia. Perth. I gave the times in US Eastern, but for me it was 11:30pm for Sun & 11:20am for moon. It was definitely not first try. Maybe 20 or 30 tries. I don't have a jailbroken device, but I used gems to speed up the breeding. Otherwise it probably would've taken me a week or two.

10. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't think it would matter whether you brought gems or not, I have brought
    50 x twice, yet can't get my first sandstorm or another blue fire & Rainbow
    in over a month too.

Is this your first rainbow & blue fire?
    If so, I really am sorry that it's taking so long for you, wish I could offer some
    decent advice, but after emailing Backflip studios with some feedback, they
    did confirm it really is random for these three and of course the two new ones
    will be the same deal.
    Interestingly the guy that replied also said it took him 20 goes to get his
    Blue fire, so good to know they are playing too and maybe also get frustrated
    like we do.

My only advice from what I have read is maybe just stick to the same two and
    breed back to back.....of course that's if you're not already doing this.

FWIW, I got my first rainbow using firefly/ swamp lvls 10/9
    and my first blue fire with ice/fire didn't write down the lvls sorry.

Second time around, I have tried these all again many times, but still no go.

11. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #511 girlpower, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    Oh cool, thanks moondoggy.........
    I will go back to your post to see what parents/lvls you used.....if you didn't
    say....could you reply please.
    Hmm, nice part of Oz by the way :)

Edit: Thanks, I did read your post, oh hoped it would be something other than these two, due to current 14 hr wait
    thanks to these naughty dragons....sigh.
    Friend request on its way, no promise of gems but hey, you can get 3 party hats per day from visiting mine
    2nd edit: that was a quick friend response hehe

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I also tried the air/mud & reverse order 16 times straight, no go also.
    Then went back to rainbow till I lost count, then blue fire till I got fed up
    there too. All mud & fogs :(

I believe air/tree has worked for some including a friend of mine who got
    his on the first go....I did try that one once, Got a moss.
    Problem with this combo is....if you end up with a tree, it's a long 14 hr
    Failed wait time...think someone also mentioned air/quake being good for them.

So, maybe try these other two or any other hybrid dragon with an earth element
    to it......another friend got hers with air/mud, took her quiet a few goes too but less than my 16.

Good luck and if/when you get yours, please post your combo/lvls here :)

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    You don't.
    The example that Taitai gave you are one choice of parents to get the
    sandstorm.
    Air of left, mud on right = Sandstorm (maybe)
    You could also try
    Air/tree
    Air/quake

But, air/mud will give you the shortest breeding times should you fail.

14. Dando1998

Dando1998 Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    #514 Dando1998, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    For blue fire try fire and storm because then the longest wait time you could have is 8 hrs. (scorch) you could only also have 3 hrs (firefly) or 5 hrs (another storm)

Hope this helps!

15. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    For blue fire try fire and storm because then the longest wait time you could have is 8 hrs. (scorch) you could only also have 3 hrs (firefly) or 5 hrs (another storm)

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Thanks Dando,
    I know I have tried this combo this time around too, but hey, all I have now
    is time to waste....can't level up, no habitats to build, nothin' to do.....
    darn game is really doin' my head in.....used to be so much fun :(
    Appreciate your help though, cheers

16. pain89897

pain89897 New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Guys try air n moss to get sandstorm . That's how I got mine. And lava n seaweed for rainbow. Both mus b lvl 10 though.

17. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I have all the dragons except blue fire, sandstorm, moon and sun, so I was breeding fire and storm (to try for blue fire) and hit a two day wait time. My question is whether sun and moon are 48 hour breed times also, or whether I just have another rainbow.
    By the way for anyone interested, I got my first rainbow with blazing/moss both level 10

18. Narakai

Narakai Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I bred a moon yesterday. Instead of an egg I got a checkered box. As all three rainbow sun and moon are all 48 hours you will only tell once they are incubating. A coloured spotted egg for rainbow and most people got checkered boxes for sun and moon.
    Hope you get the dragon you are after.

19. Narakai

Narakai Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Update - visit http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/Nursery
    They have eggs now for moon and sun..

20. Herpetologist

Herpetologist Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Moon and Sun

Hey guys I'm back!

Who's had success with moon and sun? I bought both habitats soon as I knew, and I've only heard crystal/blue fire to get both

Also, would you guys buy a blue fire if you'd spent day and days trying to get one? I haven't bought any gems, I guess I'm just awesome like that. Anyway, should I save up and buy a blue fire?

Also I've heard the most common win for Rainbow is lava and seaweed.

No more bone dragons! Has anyone tried breeding 2 bone dragons to get another despite them being out of the shop? If so, did it work?

Thanks for all the tips and gems!