Coinski - master the odds: promo codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Doxxic, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Doxxic

Doxxic Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2008
    Coinski has got an update, you can read more about it here.

I'm celebrating it with some new promo codes!
    Please reply if you take one :)

6FYN637477ER
    Y9M9L9XWKX64
    PXLN3KEXYY6F
    K37WW7LRLLAX
    EATWKF6FXA7X
    3Y3XJW9H667X
    R6T647F9KR7J
    6KF636XFRT6X
    YRTFWXYF73H3
    L7AP3J7T6ME9

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    First code 6FYN637477ER redeemed thank you.

Impossible to see what this does from the screenshots but makes sense after seeing it in action.

It’s an interesting type of physics puzzle. Will practice in solo mode to try and figure out some sort of winning strategy.

3. smstoankur

smstoankur New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Y9M9L9XWKX64 redeemed. Thank You

4. Doxxic

Doxxic Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2008
    Nice thank you, I'm curious what you think

5. sh0r

sh0r Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Programmer
    code L7AP3J7T6ME9 redeemed. THANKS!

6. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    I think this will have to be Game of the Year from a design perspective. It’s an ingenious concept and understandably #1 puzzle and board game in Netherlands. It should be everywhere else too. There is much to consider and every coin drop can completely change the board state making each play different. The combination of gate shifting, 3-coin drop timing and tilt ability makes for a unique thought challenge.

Finding a winning strategy is not so easy, especially when there are many coins on the board as the number of interactions can be too overwhelming to calculate. It is for me at present anyway as I have still to reach the 10 game average of 8. Got to 7 and then played a succession of zeros :)

Who’d have thought dice would provide an interesting opponent. Sometimes it’s stupid and other times it seems to keep selecting exactly the right moves.

I’m wondering how you devised the idea for Coinski. It almost looks like it is based on a physical machine but that doesn’t seem possible.

7. MaxxKcoronado

MaxxKcoronado Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Gracias
    Tomé el código PXLN3KEXYY6F

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

8. Doxxic

Doxxic Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2008
    #8 Doxxic, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Wow thanks Stronsay!!!

I thought no-one would ever ask :D

It started with the gate-shifting mechanic for a turn based two player game, an idea I got in the eighties for a C64 basic game. I never got it too far because the disk got lost.
    I got interested in programming again because of Shift Plaugrounds and decided to give it another try, now with SpriteKit (and its physics engine).
    The other parts are solutions to problems the basic mechanic brought. I wanted it to be engaging, which is why it became a betting game. Then it needed a timer because sometimes not moving was the best option.
    The game tended to get crammed with coins, which is why three coins on top of a gate make it move (I’ve tried several bad alternatives).
    Then it seemed that people would play it alone rather than together. I had no idea how to implement AI for an opponent (hardly understood my own game) so that’s what brought the idea of dice in combination with a ten game average norm for moving up a level.
    The tilting came only very late (months after first release in September). I just noticed that I wanted to tilt my device all the time and then I thought: why not? This also happened to solve a nagging problem that sometimes a coin would fall on top of another coin and should move sideways, but didn’t. This felt unnatural and unfair and I tried lots of way too complicated things to make it move to a random side before the tilting was there, making the game double as nice. I’m really happy with it :D

Thanks a lot again. This is very encouraging.

9. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Thank you, I took R6T647F9KR7J

The thread on this game inspired me to try it after the update #