Plug in Memory for iPod touch

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ajg3, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Do you think some company will ever make a plug in storage like 8g that you can plug into the bottom of the device...and maybe it can add pages to the iPod for the games you have or etc...

2. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    No, because Apple will never allow it and they control the platform. :(

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah pretty sure Apple would rather just create and sell devices with larger built-in memory.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ugh, it'd be ridiculous cumbersome. Apple would first create a SDHC slot with proprietary memory card.

5. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    they've never done it for any other ipod.... why would the ipod touch be an exception?

6. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Because the ipod touch is wildly succesful, and amazing? lol :)

7. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    The Zii Egg has a SDHC card slot making it 64Gb of memory and if the Zii Egg gets sold comercially the iPod Touch will have to have a SDHC card slot or a built in 64GB flash memory...Its possible I think the Zune HD also has a SDHC card slot also but I;m not sure.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I doubt it'll be too long before they squeeze 64GB into an iPhone anyway.

9. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    As per the historic trend, I imagine the new iPod touch release this fall will have the same or a slightly higher clocked CPU than the 3GS and 64GB of flash memory.

10. GGiant

GGiant Member

Aug 4, 2009

Nah, from the beginning competitors have had expansion slots and more features but Apple never cared and the general public doesn't either... I doubt the "Zii" (WTF with that name, anyway? Trying to capitalize off the Wii?) will make any difference, if people even hear about it...

Besides you yourself don't even know if the Zune has it, and that's a product that's been around for a few years now, and look how well that's selling... I don't think expandable memory matters to most people.