Bombcats (by RADIANGAMES + Chillingo) Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheFrost, May 10, 2013.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Seems like a fun game, gonna play this when it is released. I play all the fun games from chillingo.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
  4. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Quoted directly from the website Cygnet posted above:

So the useful info here is that for 4$ you get the full premium game if I am correct.

5. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    #5 radiangames, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    I've been doing small, polished games for a low price for 3 years, and I'm still just barely making a living. I've released 5 polished paid game for iOS, the same ones for PC/Mac, and 7 for XBLIG. If it weren't for some one-time deals with Indie Royale and Union (Unity's publishing arm) last year, I'd have went out of business a while ago.

So it was time to try something different. This is Radiangames' last hope for survival. But it's also a game I believe in, and I've made the game so both my daughters and myself can really enjoy Bombcats (I strongly believe you need to care about your target audience to do your best work).

I could have released Bombcats for $0.99 and the same IAP, then dropped the price to free after a couple months. But I'm not a fan of that strategy. I'd rather everyone play the game, have everyone enjoy it, and if they enjoy it enough and want to, they can buy IAP. And I think people will enjoy it enough (and not be annoyed by it) that they'll tell their friends about it. I believe more F2P games should think long-term with their design, so that's what I've done with my game.

It's a very fair game with IAP, you can play everything without spending a dime, there are no gross ads, and I didn't sacrifice my soul to make this game. You won't feel icky playing it either.

I've worked EXTREMELY hard on this game for a year. I hope you at least try it out.

6. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Pretty much correct. I'll explain Old School Mode in more detail when the game is out (being able to see the game helps understand).

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Luke, if its made by you I dont care about Chillingo or F2P, I already know that its going to be great and you already have my 4$. Thats what a good reputation means to me, a loyal supporting customer.

Hope Radiangames survives and brings more awesome iOS games :)

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling to make it in this market, there are only two developers that I will blindly buy from on opening day based on my love for what they have done in the past, and RadianGames is one of them. The other is Llamasoft and within the last month both have made comments of the lack of financial success in the iOS market.
    I think it's a sad statement on today's market and I say that because of the quality of games that both of you put out. Cat in a Box was another amazing developer that couldn't make it in this market. It's sad, not for me the consumer but for you guys.
    Sorry if I came across a bit negative. I'll definitely pick it up next week. It just came out of left field from what I expected.
    I wish you all the luck, you guys deserve it. Thanks!

9. #9 Connector, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Connector read a couple of posts above...

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ahahaha. Looks like the Connector got disconnected for a while there. :D