Universal RPG Dragons Odyssey Frane - [by Exe Create]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, May 2, 2012.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Special items, potions, etc. Not sure what the changes on the update where.

2. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Isn't there a complete walktrough for this game anywhere? At least the game came out for PC some time ago.

3. lcn666

lcn666 Member

May 17, 2012
    Game is in english,decent rpg,few twists,boss battles are horrible take hrs.
    No skills of any kind which makes lvling up pointless except for more health
    - nor variety of wepn's,just a yo-yo,sword and fist.
    -gameplay is less than 15hrs
    -map is small
    Regretted buying it there are better rpg's for free

4. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    oh....better RPGs for free eh? Perhaps one of those mobile krpgs that are actually fetch quests cobbled together?

5. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Should I get this game?

6. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I'm enjoying it. Watch some videos and decide for yourself.

7. lcn666

lcn666 Member

May 17, 2012
    Hereos in time....

8. alyfantis

alyfantis Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Hokkaido, Japan
    Fun game - it's definitely worth the price. Battle system is fun and there's no IAP, thank God. (Worth at least $20 right there, if you ask me.)

Any tips on how to beat those obnoxious trio of boss girls?

9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Those awful vixens? I took bewbs and tiny out with Kunah's special and then finished off glasses with some caution.

10. alyfantis

alyfantis Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Hokkaido, Japan
    Ha! Yep, that's them.

Glasses, aka "danmaku lady", was giving me issues until I figured out I should kill her first with the special dragon attack.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I know there's this British gentleman who did a long video walkthrough on YouTube. It's where I like to go to see that I'm on the right track!

12. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    #92 Johnny1st, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Yes, i know of that videos, too. But they are so many and so long without any order. I think they are about 70 parts!
    Also i find his voice acting quite annoying and as far as i could have seen he covered only the main parts of the game.
    I want a really detailled walkthrough with all aspects of the game like cooking and crafting, getting closer to friends by
    giving them gifts, etc. Also i heard that there are multiple endings.

13. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ended up getting this, it kind of reminds me of persona in that you go around back in forth between 5 areas... Except it's in 2d which is cool. I though there was suppose to be alot of puzzle solving etc... Where is all that? And I havebt been to a "Dungeon yet" just mines and a desert so I'm hoping there are some dungeon type levels... For 5.99 I'm not complaining, although for 12 I don't think I would have justified the price amount.

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    The art background here are really poor. On my ipad2 I see tons of artifacts as from interlaced stuff. Maybe I am too spoiled by my ps3 but this hurts my eyes.

Plus the dialog so far is childish and stupid. Like one of the worst anime.

15. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Really disappointed. Another case of simply ignoring positive reviews. This is a huge let down a game with boring fight mechanism where the goals o survive to get a special attack and kill everybody ... And the everybody spawns back in we seconds. Boring and even more so on a touch screen interface and poor backgrounds.
    The only nice thing is the Japanese voice.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Can't please everybody, I guess. Instead of ignoring positive reviews (which, if you think about it, is kind of stupid) you may want to read them more carefully to see if the game they described appeals to you.

In any event, sorry that you feel you wasted your money on my account.

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I was not referring to you ....

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Carry on, then :).

19. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Game Impressions

I see that there are lots of comments on this one already.
    Personally I think it has some stuff going for it, considering the epidemic of IAP pseudo-rpgs lately.

The dialogs / situations so far are somewhere between cheesy, amusing and/or interesting.

It always beats me that these 2D RPGs need to have(?) average graphics which is pretty much how I perceive it although it's almost catching up with iPad def. Besides, a lot of this stuff looks like so-so 3D renders but the maps aren't huge or anything so what's the need for that?

The battle system? Meeeh I guess I got nothing new to add, it's pretty wonky but I just done away with getting the hang of it and killing the first boss.
    I think with some polish it could actually be very fun as it's got a... shmup feel to it, almost.

I'm just fond of it. But then bothering with adding a story and some characterization at all is a good way to get me into a game. Cliches aren't lacking but it's got some wit.

Nice that they re-added Japanese although the English dub isn't bad as it is and the tl *is* professional.

Doesn't rotate on my iPad which given the position of the dpad relative to headphone plug is... a pity. Plus it's non-compliant but nvm.

So... I like it but I can't help wishing there was better games around these days. Compare this with Crimson Gem Saga - arguably the controls aren't much better while there's not half the production value. So, anything other than the lack of competition to justify the price?

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Save File

Anyone know where the save file is located in the app directory of this game? I'm trying to back up all of my big save files for when i switch phones. And I can't seem to find an easily labeled .sav or .bin file anywhere!