iPhone Voxel based endless psychedelic faller in 3D/60fps, with procedural terrain and music

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gjestland, Jan 15, 2013.

1. gjestland

gjestland Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    @the_loafer: i'm definively leaning towards hyperdive. Thank you for your support!

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Hmm hyperdive sounds very generic.. imho you should not force yourself to a descriptive title that sound so bland and completly does not represent the feeling i have when watching the video.. Its looks so much more than hyperdive..

Anyway looks very interesting.. and do yourself a favour and make this universal from the get go..

You missjugde the smaller screen, especially if you yourself are mostly using the ipad for gaming. Gamer who play on iphone & co are used to play on it and do it very fine even without the bigger screen estate and the higher prescision you can achieve on the big one.

If you are still uncertain, do a betatest and invite a mixed bag of ios isers with different devices..

I mean hell, people play gta on zhe iphone which is crammed from top to bottom with virtual buttons and they still enjoy it..

As for 6.1 really? Are there no sound libraries out there who can do the job you need it to.. Reverb and whatelse..? Targeting ios6.1 will leave you with a very small consumer base by the time it gets released. I would try to find a solution to target 5.x and upwards.

:) anyway... good luck and looking forward to it

3. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This looks SICK. I will be getting it on my ipad for sure!

4. Can you make it into a space shooter? Graphics look really cool though.

5. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    it's still not decided. Feel free to come with suggestions! :)

Thanks, i will take your suggestion and test it out on the betatesters. It will probably have to look a bit different, and i havent gotten retina to work yet. Retina for ipad3 and beyond is out of the question, and probably only for iphone5 and up.

No, the bug is only present on 6.0.x. 5.x works fine with reverb, I support down to 4.3, but not with reverb. I think not many people are gone stay on 6.0.x when 6.1. comes out, as there is some serious issues with 6.0.x.

But thank you for your input, you have really made me reconsider universal. It was of course my intention from the start, but it was easier just to focus on one version to make release at all! :)

6. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Glad to hear you have an ipad as well! :) consider joining my beta program. Drop me an pm if you're interested!

7. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    A shooter is next up! It's basically the same set-up, but endless in the horizontal direction. Sci-fi is a sure thing. Destructable terrain and particle effects never grow old! :)

8. Sea2stars

Sea2stars Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Nice to see something fresh come along. After watching it I get the impression that I'm traveling through the brain of... something; passing various neural clusters, receptor sites, neurotransmitters passing between them and electrical activity in the distance.

Hrm.. how about CorticalWarp for a name?

9. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Wow this looks stunning! Great job!

I quite like Hyperdive as a name too, and agree about voxel being overdone and too much about the technique not the end result (actually seriously underselling it judging by the video!) but I'd love to give some suggestions anyway.

CloudFlow
    FractalFlow
    Fractal Flight
    Coral Dive
    Mist Chaser
    Cloud Scraper
    Nebulous Fall
    Nebula Freefall
    Starsytem Skydive

...meh

I'd be more than happy to beta test for you. I'd probably come up with some better names once I have a feel for it by playing too!

If you need I have ipad mini, ipad 4 and iPhone 4 and 5. Will give feedback and name ideas ;)

What do you need?

10. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Haha, i like your associations! Maybe neuronaut, or something. Too bad psychonaut is already taken! :)

11. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Hey, thanks for the compliment and all the good names, i can make a whole series now! :) But my first beta-tester is insisting on HyperDive, how do you feel about that?

12. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Universal support in the works...

Also forgot to mention than i am working on the universal version by popular demand, and that multisampling should be possible on ipad3,ipad4 and iphone5, but more testing have to be done. Thanks to all my beta-testers, i still have room for a few more! :) Supported devices will be ipad2 and up, and iphone 4s and up, and 5th generation ipod touch.

13. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Hi all, the name is Melodive now!

I have submitted to app store now. Take a look at this trailer:

It now universal so i posted the announcement in the upcoming iPhone-section:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=179767

Thank you all beta-testers, your help have improved the game a lot! A big shout out to Mr Ugly in particular... :)

14. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Melodive has been approved for sale, and will appear in the appstore worldwide on thursday 7th of March! Hooray! :)

15. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    congrats.... can't wait to play that :D

16. the loafer

the loafer Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Same here, hope your original game gets the support it deserves.

17. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    looking forward to see it on the store :D

18. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Happy to see this is coming out tomorrow! I almost had to tear myself away from the video just now. Congrats! :)

19. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    A name that came to mind was Voxel Abyss as I was reading the topic, but Melodive sounds fantastic!
    How fortunate that I found this topic today only to find out it releases tonight!

INSTABUY! No question about it! :D

20. gjestland

Jan 15, 2013
    Haven't been here for a while. Please come and join the dicussion over at the released iphone-games section:http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=180897

Melodive is no 5 in game in norwegian app store today, well ahead of Minecraft!

I would like to once again thank everybody for their support, and keep spreading the word of Melodive! :)