iPad Stair Dismount - The Official thread of Love and Fractures

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Frand, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

#501 Frand, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    Stair Dismount Universal v1.6.0 submitted

With almost three million downloads of Stair Dismount Universal to date, we've ruthlessly kept working on updates. The latest version has just been submitted, and brings with it two bigger features (a level pack and a new scoring mechanism):

- "Winter Sports" IAP level pack, with five new scenes from half-pipe to downhill to ski-jump and more. These levels are different from the ones before, they are slippery.
    - A freebie taster of Winter Sports, a new level called "Skid Marks".
    - The new winter levels calculate distance as well as points, giving a whole new goal to strive for.
    - The UI has been rewritten, so now the layouts are cleaner, performance optimized and memory consumption also reduced. This should help particularly on older devices.
    - Various bugfixes concerning iPod music, game start-up etc.

Some screens:
    [​IMG]
    The new level selection screen, with the Winter Sports bundle unlocked.

[​IMG]
    Landing uncomfortably in "Skid Marks".

[​IMG]
    A most flighty pose in "Skier's Resolve".

The update has been submitted, pending approval, which is naturally not guaranteed. :)

2. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    well that guy found the north pole LOL

3. EMTKiNG

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    what taking them so long to approve this update?????:confused:

4. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

A stupid mistake that's really all our fault. When we submitted the update, we forgot to check the localized iTunes descriptions for the game, and they contained conflicting information.

The errors have been fixed, and the approval process continues :)

5. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    cant wait for this to come out!

6. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Stair Dismount Universal v1.6.0 approved!

Say hello to the Winter Sports Level Pack IAP:

7. EMTKiNG

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    #507 EMTKiNG, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
    What's New in Version 1.6.0

- "Winter Sports" IAP level pack! Five slippery, snowy levels for great outdoor downhill dismounting!
    - Free winter sports level: "Skid Marks"
    - Distance scoring for Winter Sports levels! See how far you can push a professional! (With new online leaderboards for longest distance.)
    - UI rewrite to clarify visuals, optimize performance and reduce memory consumption. Particularly helpful for older devices.
    - Latest version of OpenFeint leaderboards.
    - Improved Quick Play -button. Now with 37% less confusion!
    - Misc. bugfixes: improvements with iPod music playback, game start-up, IAP process etc.

ANd I think The game is FREE right now

8. ShayShay1993

ShayShay1993 New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    could someone please tell me how to purchase the characters? every time i try to while im playing the app, it tells me that "In App Purchases arent available". The same thing applies when i tried to download the 5 slippery levels. is there something that im missing or that i am doing wrong?

9. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Some wild guesses:
    1) Just rebooting the device may fix whatever network issue is a matter (an active network is of course necessary)
    2) Check that you are logged in to the App Store region where your account is located before launching the game (from Settings -> Store)
    3) If a device is jailbroken device and there are pirated apps installed, the device could be farked in a number of ways which register it as a development device, preventing access to the actual App Store
    4) Activated parental controls may prevent IAPs from working

10. ShayShay1993

ShayShay1993 New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    thank you so much! thats what was wrong! i feel like such an idiot now xDD

11. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    I understand that the levels in the newest "economy" dlc don't have to work great on older devices ( they stutter and are slow as hell on ipod 2g), that's fine. What bothers me is that the level select screen ( and character select screen to a smaller degree) is quite choppy and unresponsive. Please fix this or at least give us a "performance mode" for the menu :(

12. tonic

tonic Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    #512 tonic, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    Just launched - v1.7.0!

What's New in this Version:
    -----------------------------------------
    * New IAP "Economy Falls" Level pack!
    * Five tallest, most extreme drops ever
    * FREE level: "Dive Deep"
    * New Facebook features!
    * Write your own Facebook photo caption
    * Optional friend tagging for Facebook photos
    * Technical improvements!
    * Eliminated stutters on 3rd gen and newer devices

13. tonic

tonic Active Member

Feb 25, 2009
    The new "Economy Falls" level pack has more complex levels than the earlier levels, so they stutter a bit more on the 1st generation devices. But they still run quite ok in 2nd gen (like iPod touch 2) devices, and they run well on 3GS or anything newer than that.

We also tweaked the simulation & rendering so that ALL levels should feel a bit smoother now.

14. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Stair Dismount Universal v1.8.0 has been submitted.

What's new:
    - A new IAP ragdoll bundle with three characters: Mr. Ego, Mr. Unibrow and Mr. Frame join the game
    - "Restore Purchases" -button added to reduce IAP confusion
    - Minor flow change: back-button no longer backs out of the in-game pause menu to the level select screen

[​IMG]
    Mr. Ego with his heavy thoughts.

[​IMG]
    Beastly Mr. Unibrow.

[​IMG]
    Mr. Frame in freefall.

15. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Stair Dismount Universal v1.8.0 approved and now available :)

16. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Stair Dismount Universal v1.9.0 is now in our final internal testing round before submitting to the App Store.

We wanted to try something different in this update, so there are no new levels or characters, but instead the photo posting functionality was expanded to include Twitter.

So, in 1.9.0, if you take a photo in the game, you'll have the option to post the image, together with a caption text, directly in your tweet stream. It'll be interesting to see how many people take advantage of this and tweet their love and affection. :)

On a separate note, Dismounting seems to persist as a popular diversion: we're going to break four million installs soon (currently 3 926 719 and counting)!

17. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Stair Dismount Universal v1.9.0 approved and now available!

Dismounting is now a Twitter sport :)

18. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

According to our stats, Sunday was the day when we broke four million downloads for the game (not including updates).

To put that in context, it's roughly 5.7X the entire population of the wonderful country of Bhutan.

If we add to this the number of times the freeware PC versions of various Dismount games have been downloaded, the number is roughly 6.5 million, which in turn is over 1.2X the entire population of Finland.

What's next for us? Plush toys? Movie cross-overs? Clearly Dismounting is a phenomenon :D

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    My wife doesn't appreciate my fondness with the game and feels that she needs to be very careful around me if we ever happen to be at some rail less high elevation location. ;)

20. cdm5456

cdm5456 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Seems funny to me