Anyway to transfer save files between devices?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, Sep 4, 2009.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have 3 iDevices all running on one account - and I have a save game (zenonia - level 70) that I want to transfer to another device (also on the same account) - any way to do that?

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    AFAIK you cant do that. The best you can do is take a backup of the device with your save file of zenonia and restore rest the devices with that backup. But it'll also mean that you loose all the save files and other data on the other devices.

But I'd be more than happy if someone proves me wrong ;)

3. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Unfortunately there is no option. You are going to lose all saves files.

Cheers,

Bruno

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    You can totally do this. I do it all the time between my touch and iphone. I switch the save data between all my games.

...You just have to be Jailbroken :eek:

5. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Agreed.
    It's fairly easy if you know what you're doing.
    You just need to SSH into the data files, find the save file, then transfer.

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Maybe I'm wrong, but you could save a backup of the device with the zenonia save and then restore your other device as the backup. So then it would be exactly the same as your device with Zenonia.

I'm not positive this would work and you'd have to be willing to have 2 identical devices.

7. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeh I do that. Sometimes though, the save files are hard to find.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Any problems with Open SSH? I had spot bright, which is heavily lauded, removed due to constant crashes. Also, this is on my kids iTouch, and I don't mind me being jailbroke - but he'll accidentally do something stupid (ala B R) and so can I access his device without it being jailbroke? or do both of them have to be?

As for restore to have identical devices? Nah - there is too much different on them - not worth if for the one save file..

I guess that finding the save file in the back up area on the PC is next to impossible? The files there read much like the itunes files of yore... but there were some aftermarket programs that could read them... Then I could just copy that one file from the folder to the other folder... Don't have to go into the devices at all...