Gemini Rue (By Wadjet Eye Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

"Wadjet Eye founder Dave Gilbert told Polish publication Gameplay.pl (via VG247) that production on the next Blackwell title has already begun and more will be revealed in a few months once the studio wraps up the iOS port of its sci-fi adventure Gemini Rue."

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Coming in april!

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    April 11...$2.99 launch price, $4.99 regular. :)

4. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Can't wait!

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

- Will it be universal and will it run on my iPhone 4?

- And can someone explain the gameplay? Is it just a point and click adventure style game or is it more like a Fallout game (exploration, branching story, dialogue choices)? I saw there is combat in the game, any other kinds of gameplay elements (platforming, stealth, etc.)

6. Bronxsta

Anyone?

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'll be curious to learn more about the game elements and mechanics, too. The video has me pretty excited. :)

8. Bronxsta

@Devs
    Beside my other questions, any info on download size? I only have 2gbs of space left and a game like this seems like it could be a bigger download

9. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    #9 Whiteplayer3d, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Are small displays supported? (iPod Touch 4G) :(

10. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    This game is port from PC...

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Gemini Rue has it's own wikipedia... which says:

12. JanG

JanG Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Game developer (Wadjet Eye Games)
    New York
    #12 JanG, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, I'm Janet Gilbert from Wadjet Eye Games, Dave Gilbert's wife and the developer for the iOS port of Gemini Rue.

It is universal and I can confirm it runs on an iPhone 4 because that's my phone. :) It has been tested and works on the iPod Touch 4G.

It is compatible with any iPhone, iPad, or iPod running iOS v4.3 and above. This means it will run on any iPhone from an iPhone 3GS onwards, any iPod Touch from 3G onwards, and any iPad or iPad Mini.

We have a large team of beta testers and they have kindly tested it for us on just about every device you can think of!

It is a point-and-click adventure in the classic style - a lot of people compare it to "Beneath A Steel Sky." It does have combat and maybe a tiny bit of stealth ;) It definitely has dialogue choices!

It is not an RPG in the Fallout style, but I think it has plenty to offer people who like Fallout, especially in the setting, which is a grimy future noir city, and the story, which is deeper and more philosophical than the average game.

It's roughly 245 MB.

----

Ask me any more questions! I did not originally develop the game - Joshua Nuernberger created Gemini Rue on PC - but I did the port to iOS. I have really tried to make the game feel like a native iOS game, rather than a PC port, with as little interface getting between you and the game as possible. I hope you like it!

13. Bronxsta

Thanks for your reply. Download's actually smaller than I expected. I love noir fiction and sci-fi and I recently got into adventure game genre thanks to The Walking Dead so I can't wait to play

14. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Thank you! Everything you told us sounds great. Can't wait.

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Everything sounds great.
    Does it support iCloud sync between devices (iPad and iPhone)?

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    SOLD ! ;)

Seriously it looked great from day 1, cant wait to get this in two days time

17. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be picking this one up for sure. Grew up playing the old adventure games including Beneath A Steele Sky. Can't wait to see how this compares :)

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'll pick up the game after reading some reviews about the PC version for sure, barring any technical problem....but to be honest, and I'll be probably the only one in the world, the BASS reference is what worries me.
    I didn't like BASS that much, I love Blade Runner but I'm not fond of cyberpunk plus I didn't like the BASS puzzles.
    I hope I'll enjoy a straight linear nice story without puzzles that I like in Monkey Island od Day of the Tentacle but I find absolutely out of place in more 'serious' settings.

19. JanG

JanG Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Game developer (Wadjet Eye Games)
    New York
    Unfortunately no, sorry :( I wanted to include this feature but had to drop it for time.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I see, thanks anyway for the answer.

Can't really wait for the game to land on the AppStore, thanks for porting it....looking forward to sink in the Gemini Rue world in the darkness with headphones.