EvoCreo - A monster collection RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rioneye, Feb 5, 2014.

1. rioneye

rioneye Member

Jan 7, 2013
    #1 rioneye, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE: It has been a while since our last update. We are currently gearing up for the iOS release which should happen in the next couple weeks. We started a new Facebook page here that will cover all the EvoCreo iOS news. Sorry for the delays and thanks for your support!

UPDATE 2: We just finished up the review process with Apple and have set the release date to May 7th!

EvoCreo is a monster collection game that is Pokemon-esque. It is being developed for Android, iOS, OUYA, and PCs with a tentative May 2014 launch. The game takes place in the world of Zenith, a world populated with monsters called Creos. At the start of the game you find out that your father, a legendary Evoker, has been missing for days after investigating an organization called Shadow Hive. You travel the world looking for clues on the whereabouts of your father while also trying to live up to his legacy.

The game features:
    • Wild Creos - Creos can be found in tall grass and roaming the world. There will be over 100 Creos that you can capture and train. You have the option to disable wild encounters.
    • Loyalty - Loyalty effects Creo progression. A loyal Creo will level up to twice as fast. A Creo that is not loyal will level up a bit slower.
    • Abilities - Abilities are out of battle effects that range from repelling and attracting certain types of Creos to traversal benefits such as flying, riding, gliding, etc.
    • Puzzles/Mazes/Dungeons - There will be several dungeons, mazes and puzzles for you to explore.
    • Cross Platform Multiplayer - Play with your friends no matter what device they use to play the game.
    • Cross Platform Save - Cross platform saves allow you to start playing the game on your iPhone then continue later on your Android device, or any combination of devices that EvoCreo is available on.
    • Creo Party - Travel with a party of 5 monsters that level up in a logarithmic amount of time. That means that after the first few levels, it should take the same amount of time to level up regardless of which level you are currently at.
    • Conditions - Conditions are negative status effects on a Creo. Each Creo can be inflicted with up to three different conditions at any given time. Some conditions stack in duration while others in intensity. For example, the condition Chill can increase in duration. Using that move twice in a row will double the length of time that it is on the opposing Creo.
    • Boons - Boons are positive effects on a Creo. Each Creo can have up to three different boons at any given time. Some boons stack in duration while others in intensity. For example, the boon Power can increase in intensity. Using that move twice in a row will apply a new boon Super Power which is more effective than Power.
    • Tiered moves - Each Creo has 1 Elite, 3 Normal, and 1 Healing move.
    • Rechargeable moves - Each move has a number of turns that it needs to recharge before being able to use another time. Elite moves have the longest recharge, but are the most powerful moves in the game. Normal moves have the lowest recharge, but are also the weakest moves. Healing moves have a recharge that is between both normal and elite moves.
    • Re-learnable Moves - Previously learned moves can be retaught at any time outside of battle
    • Traits - Traits are in battle effects that influence anything from damage to defense if certain criteria are met.
      and more...

We plan to post gameplay and a few screenshots of the latest build of the game in the coming weeks.

We also started a new Kickstarter project to help us add animations to the game. The KS project also has some addition information on the game.

Also here are a few illustration of the Creos from the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ScreenShots:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Hi

Looking forward to this. But i think it will take another 6 months till release right?

3. YoloMcSwaggin

YoloMcSwaggin Active Member

Nov 7, 2013
    this game looks awesome, but on the whole exploration concept, how does it compare to a game like Pokemon? Can we explore a big map filled with npcs and different types of terrains?

and also if there is need for beta testing im definitely interested in this game.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hahaha I love your user name

5. YoloMcSwaggin

Nov 7, 2013
    haha a little nod to TheSyndicateProject on YouTube lol

6. Rafy211

Rafy211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Unicorn Land
    This looks really cool.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds interesting.

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Are you serious?

9. rioneye

rioneye Member

Jan 7, 2013
    No closer to 3-4 months left.

Yes there will be overworlds for you to explore and a story that moves you through the world. One of the features we are trying to focus on is this layering concept. That is, there are three layers in the game: Tunnels, main land, and the sky. You need to traverse through all the layers to get to every point on the maps. So for example, using fly takes you to the sky layer. From there you can explore and find an exit that takes you to a secret location on another map.

10. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    This looks like the closest (and best) Pokemon clone to date on ios. What are the chances you guys can inpliment a portrait mode option?

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I have to ask as a lot of people seem to do it lately but will this require an Internet connection?

12. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    #12 geno11233, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    ^ i really hope it doesn't... And I reallllllly hope you guys have like atleast 3 legendary creos that are hard to find/catch and maybe a couple of then move around the world. Meaning if you encounter one (have this be for 2 or 3 legendaries) and fail to catch or defeat it, it will not be in the same place. Also have one legendary that is around the end of the game like requaza was on emerald.

13. rioneye

rioneye Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Nope, but if you want to use the online features or obtain promo codes then you need an internet connection.

There are 8 Prime(legendary) Creos in the game, where each coresponds to one of the elements in the game. Some of them are easy to find but the majority are hidden in very difficult to find spots. Most of the Prime Creos can be found in the wild but are extraordinarily rare.

14. rioneye

rioneye Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Not likely. The cost of adding portraits would be to high for us to implement at this time, sorry.

15. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Whoah, that's a lot better then expected! =)

16. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Sad to hear. I don't know if enough people would be enthused by the idea of portrait mode, but maybe in a future update if the game does good enough.

17. YoloMcSwaggin

Nov 7, 2013
    Sounds good I'm up for beta testing or promo codes if you need help

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Sounds great and I do get Internet where I live it's just not amazing so I don't like games that need a constant good connection or I'm doomed.

19. rioneye

rioneye Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Updated the post with a link to the Beta. The Beta can be played on Android and PC (Mac and Linux should work as well). Let me know if you have any feedback.

20. YoloMcSwaggin

Nov 7, 2013
    The beta page is not showing up, it says it's currently unavailable...is the link working?