Sales for 4th July in US show $0 revenue

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by smallstepforman, Jul 6, 2009.

1. smallstepforman

Jan 22, 2009
    Melbourne
    I've just checked my sales data for the 4th of July, and one of my games has $0 revenue for each copy sold in the US. I dont know if Apple is doing some promotional thing for the US due to their national holiday, but I never agreed to that :mad: iTunes still lists the correct price for the US store, so I'm absolutely puzzled.

Is anyone else seeing this?

2. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Mine looks normal for all countries for the 4th.

3. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Nononono. Apple didnt do anything. They cant do that. You might want to contact them about it but they didnt make something free without you knowing.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're not looking at updates? Because those are included with regular sales, and they are $0.

--Eric

5. strawdog

strawdog Well-Known Member

As Eric points out one possible reason is people updating (if there was an update issued). Another possible reason would be someone redeeming a promo code - did you give any codes away?

6. smallstepforman

Jan 22, 2009
    Melbourne
    Thanks Eric (and everyone else who posted the same thing), that's exactly what happened (approved game update). It's the first time I noticed the stats after a game update. My mistake.

We now return to your regular scheduled progam. :)