Run And Jump 3D has reached Alpha 0.10

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Simengie, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Simengie

Simengie Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    The title pretty much says it all. Our newest game Run And Jump 3D has reached the tenth public alpha build. Currently it is only available via the Unity Web Player. iOS devices are the final target and will be addressed when it goes to beta. Testing via integrated environment and the web player with keyboard control is just much faster than on device testing.

Run And Jump 3D

Control map and dev log are that bottom of the page.

So give it a try and of course you are welcome to leave comments here if you want. Note if you feel the turns are late or lagged you need to pay more attention to the feet are entering the turn vice the what appears to be the upper torso of the runner entering the turn.

This is a complete from scratch unity development. All the code being used is the work of Byte By Byte LLC. If you follow me on twitter you are aware I have talked about what it takes to make a game like this. The thought of "how hard can it be to make a guy run along an endless track" is quickly dashed with cold water as soon as you need to do turns, following camera, endless ground plane and much more. This is some of the hardest and yet most obvious programming I have ever done.

2. Simengie

Simengie Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Alpha 0.12 Released

Just an update. Alpha 0.12 is now available at the link above.