Star Hogs Online. #1 Online Multiplayer App

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ChaosProdigy, Jul 17, 2009.

1. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #1 ChaosProdigy, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    Subsection of R.A.S.H (Remote-Controlled Autonomous Star Hogs)
    classified top secret under the C.A.S.H (Controlled Autonomous Star Hogs) project of July 2009
    Begin Transmission:
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Welcome to A.S.H. [Automated Space Hogs]

Mining in space through remote controlled mechanical flying objects classified as "Star Hogs"...

The final frontier, an uncharted world full of reward and perilous danger...

Gathering rare ore and ensuring space supremacy on far away asteroid belts circling alien worlds...

There are no laws in space, no dominion...

There are no rules to follow except those of survival and profit...

No morals...

No place for reason...

Only the endless Ocean of Stars, the darkness and quiet of perpetual night, and the cold hard desire of the Hog controller...

Other remotely controlled A.S.H units will attempt to violently spiral you into the unforgiving alien planets below in order to gain control of the asteroid's mining potential...

Enroll now, and Control an A.S.H *Automated Star Hog* from the comfort of your home...
    (think Starship Troopers!)

Your payment for eliminating competition and securing asteroids for mining is guaranteed!
    (By your choice of competing Global Conglomerate Mining Corporation)

Update your Hog, load it up with weapons and head out for an adventure in space!

Fight for satisfying your needs for chaos, supremacy, money, power or fame, Star Hogs are waiting for your command!

Enabling mere humans to experience greatness since July 2009, the A.S.H units are evolving to meet the needs of a competitive and growing mining industry.

-----------------------------

Hello,

This is Danijel from Boston (Chaosprodigy)
    signing in to inform fellow gamers of Star Hogs and congratulate IUGO on a truly great iphone app and concept.

The game has no equal, and comparisons to other sub-par apps like iShoot or Worms do NOT do Star Hogs justice!

Nevertheless, as these comparisons are being made regardless, i make the case that Star Hogs is ideally placed as the only Online Multiplayer choice with 4 player versus (2 ships each) with support for ipod music while playing and dedicated incoming patches by IUGO. Get the Star Hogs LITE and see for yourself the rest is crap by comparison.

With incredible expansion potential with iPhone software 3.0 and developer commitment to content updates this is the best App ive ever bought. I usually get bored in days or after i beat a game, but here the online and custom ship building will keep you coming back for more!

With throphies and online ranking the replay value is ridiculous, and soon there will e in game chat! Dont expect any of that from a quick and dirty PC port of Worms: Star Hogs is built from the ground up for the iPhone and it shows in the ease of controlls.

Online I'm Chaosprodigy: With the advent of in game chat coming soon, do say hello if you see me online!

Check out my Star Hogs guide and suggestions
    on the IUGO forums: http://cloud.iugome.com/forum

Get the Light version and see for yourself:

Chaosprodigy

Join the [Chaos] Clan
    (soon to be started fan group and social that loves Star Hogs!) [Currently only myself and my girlfriend]

2. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmm ok?

3. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Who are youu>????!?!?@

4. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

I think he's a REALLY big fan. :D

Awesome.

5. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    What? I am sooooo confused!

6. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Lol ok? But what other actual good games with online multiplayer do you know?

I think iMech is gonna kick this games ass when it comes to online multiplayer :D no offense

7. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I prefer DinoSmash and Bomber online over Hogs, honestly.

8. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    A REALLY big fan or a secret developer?

9. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #9 ChaosProdigy, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    If you want to know who I am add me on facebook.com/danijel

I wouldn't know where to start in making apps, though I'd love to be able to !

:)

Star Hogs just became my top iPhone game of all time even though i've spent over 200$ on iphone games, so i'm quite addicted to it now and still on that new baby app high ;)

on a side note

iMech is not even the same style of game as Star Hogs or Worms or iShoot, so its not a fair comparison... Besides after watching the video of iMech, i still think Star Hogs might be better, but I won't know until I try it.

10. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Dinosmash has the best online people.
    Geez

11. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Member

May 12, 2009
    Worms is sub-par? Perhaps at the moment, but if they fix the controls and add the (already in the works?) online multiplayer it could quite easily tip the scales considering it appeals to a wider audience and already has an established brand.

Consider this after the "new baby app" syndrome you describe has passed.

Baki: Errrr...

12. Tarcin

Tarcin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    ishoot is awesome :mad:

13. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Dinosmash is awesome, :D star hogs is awesome too :D.
    Both are really the top online multiplayer games right now. Dinosmash is real-time while star hogs is turn-based. Both are made by relatively unknown (small) devs. Seems like all the more established devs need to learn a thing or two from these guys. Stop living off your big brand and actually make some good games!

Regarding worms, good luck waiting for the updates. I distinctively despise devs that pushes out beta versions of their game (big name or not) and shovel it down player's throat, and then promising updates to fix problems that they should had fixed in the first place. So what if it is a big name, that isn't reason to make a crappy game, or in worms' care, a crappy port!

14. touchwhore

touchwhore Member

Jul 16, 2009
    You OP are a really sad employee of the company from the looks of it, that needs to actually dis worms to sell your game. Not very professional in the least.

15. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    It's true, Star Hogs is the best Online Game I have yet experienced.

16. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    Did the OP dis worms? I only saw him babbling about star hogs all the time on his OT.

He had his facebook link facebook.com/danijel

Where's the iugo rep. Is this guy your staff?

17. IUGOME

IUGOME Well-Known Member

Nope, he is not.

18. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    The dinosmash dev (Eurocenter) and star hogs dev (IUGO) definitely know a thing or two about making online multiplayer games. For me both games are the top online multiplayer games for the real-time and turn-based genre. Bar none. I tried bomber online, uniwar and almost all the other online multiplayer games for iphone. None came close to these two games at all when it comes to online multiplayer.

I know for sure IUGO is based in canada. Is Eurocenter based in Europe? If it is, it will be quite sad that foreigners can make better online games for a largely American platform :(

But Eurocenter and IUGO, we loved ya, so keep the games coming! We'll gladly absorb the trade deficit!

19. touchwhore

touchwhore Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #19 touchwhore, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
    Fair enough then. It just seemed he was reeling stuff of like a press release. I cant say i've ever seen a punter so devoted before. I meant dissing worms because of this

20. monk666

Nov 16, 2008
    definitely an overly enthusiastic player and suspicious for sure. But iugo seems like a pretty reputable dev and the rep is on the forums all the time. Not gonna get sucked into the worms vs starhogs argument, there's already a thread on it.