fftwotl: causing phone to reset on iso 6.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vox165, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Vox165

Vox165 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I recently started to play final fantasy tactics war of the lions on my iPhone 4s. ;however, I soon found that every so often my iphone would reset its self when i was playing the game(the problem only happens when i play this game). Every so often I would be playing and the apple logo would pop up and the phone would reset.

Now ive played this game before with no issues what so ever.
    the only thing that has changed since the last time ived play the game was i recently updated to iso 6. Since then Ive noticed some bugs that were not there when i was playing on iso 5.1.1.

Also i checked the crash log and it shows that the cause was a "Panic.plist"
    From what ive seen its a hardware issue.... however the timing seems a bit to perfect given the fact that all the problems started as soon as I updated to iso 6.

also i wiped and did a fresh restore but the issue still remains.

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Could be that ios 6 takes up just enough extra memory to cause instability.

I'm staying on 5.1.1 for the foreseeable future. Turn-by-turn GPS/standalone GPS quality maps was what I was looking forward to, and, well...that didn't happen.

I've seen comments and threads, mostly upon the release of 6.0, questioning why some of us weren't keeping up with the pace of technology or some such bull. Unless you have an iphone5, I personally think 6.0 is a bit of a regression. Also , it breaks compatibility or otherwise screws up some apps as well.

If I could run down a checklist while upgrading, choosing which features I wanted and what I didn't, I'de give it a shot...but really, the only thing I would like out of the upgrade that I can think of off of the top of my head is some of the browser additions.

Facebook integration? No. Passbook? Not really. Siri's restaraunt info? No. I've only had Siri on for about a half hour total since purchasing my 4S to conserve battery life. Siri can't even dictate without a server connection...something That ios Dragon software has been able to do for years.

3. Vox165

Vox165 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    thank you for the response. Yeah i thought that it maybe a memory issue;however, at this point the only way to be 100% sure is to downgrade to iso 5.1.1 and try the game. If the bugs are gone and the crashes stop then im guessing its iso 6 fault. But im really regretting updating to iso 6 at this point. :mad:

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Historically, each major iOS update has always broken some apps, whether it was the apps themselves or new bugs introduced by the new iOS. It's usually better to wait a few weeks or months for iOS to get patched and apps to get updated, especially if you use your device for gaming.

5. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I'm no expert on this, but wouldn't a crash due to low memory show up as such in the crash logs? As in one of the "LowMemory_..." logs?

6. Vox165

Vox165 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Your right. IT dose not show up as a "low-memory" in the logs. what really would be helpful if anyone who had iso 6 was who was also playing the game could report if they are having the same problem.

7. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Well the game isn't my cup of tea and $16 is a bit much to spend on a game I don't like to be able to give someone an answer. But if you look at the reviews on iTunes since the update, crashing seems to be a problem for many people on iOS 6.

8. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I also updated to ios 6 but my problem is with the new ipad it crashes the ipad version of the game constantly now and thats with everything shut down and device restarted.