anyone know anything about RPGs on the PS3?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pixelchild, Jan 19, 2012.

1. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    i know this is a weird forum to ask this but i figure i ask since a lot of you seem to be pretty well versed in many platforms besides ios.

i'm looking for really good and recent rpg games for the ps3 that are in the same style as final fantasy that is party based single player and usually turn-based.

i'm not looking for games like skyrim, anything first person, dark souls, any of those type of rpgs.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Well in all honesty, you don't have much at all. (wrong thread section btw, go for the lounge)

There's Resonance of Fate, Enchanted Arms, Argarest: Generations of War. Then there's like... Valkyria Chronicles which more of a strategy-shooter hybrid.

I am still waiting for my Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist for PS3....

3. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    thank you! i appreciate the info.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You need Eternal Sonata. You need it.

5. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Let me add my opinion to yours: You NEED Eternal Sonata. And Valkyria Chronicles.

Not recent games, no trophy support, but both are awesome. Valkyria is possibly the best game noone played.

6. Final Fantasy XIII-2 is being released soon and supposedly fixed many "issues" in the previous game. I personally had no problem with FFXIII though.

7. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    This... Try the demo. Even though I'm saving for the Vita I can't skip that game. The demo is a solid 2 hrs so u know what you're getting.. I highly recommend looking into it.

8. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Final Fantasy X remake is in the works. Not sure when it will be released, but there's a game for you.

9. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Didn't mention any of the Final Fantasy games, out, or in the works cause I figured he knew of them. However, SO glad you mention Eternal Sonata. I third that notion. Don't know how in the hell I forgot about that gorgeous game.