Solomon Dark (by Raptisoft: creator of Solomon Keep, Solomon Boneyard)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RaptorF35, Jun 8, 2012.

1. geniusman95

geniusman95 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2012
    New skills look great!

2. Particle

Particle New Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Rwk

Hi John,
    Rwk and Solomon's keep would have to be my two favorite games on the iPhone.
    Do you have an update on rwk, either progress or timeframe?
    This is great news! Thank you for brightening my day :)

Particle

3. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm playing SK again and I really think its my favorite game on the iPhone. Hope this comes soon!

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Rapti, Any news of ur super hyper mega awesome uncomming Solomon Dark!? :'D

5. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Oh wow, I didn't realize another Solomon game was in development - the other two are fantastic, and this one looks even better (well just from the skills anyway). Looking forward to it!

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I really liked the Solomon games but something was missing. I def always wanted jump in and play multiplayer, but I also wanted a sense of progression rather than starting over every game. I know that's the general theme but just some carrot on a stick would be nice.

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Everything points to a great new Solomon game, and I'm excited and hopeful it'll be soon. Please, lol? :)

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I'm curious if this will be released as a free game with IAP purchases? I guess I assume it will be because that's how the last 2 were.

I kind of wish it wasnt free with IAP... For Boneyard I think inspent 2$ or whatever... I'd rather pay 1.99 but I guess it's all good.

Any updates on the release date?

9. Dannyz2000

Dannyz2000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    So...any news?

10. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Solomon's Keep and Solomon's Boneyard were released as paid apps and later were dropped to free, presumably because sales slumped. Both were really good games at the time they were released, but maybe a little too niche for the general App Store population (not to mention a lack of marketing since it's just an indie developer). It's possible that Solomon Dark will be released as a $1 game too.

11. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Thread Bump!

Touch Arcade to John Raptis, Touch Arcade to John Raptis:

The forum is ravenous for an update on any available Solomon Dark news.

A.S.A.P.

:D

Oh, and A.S.A.P. means now :p

12. Solrex

Solrex New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Ultimate Combination

Hey Raptisoft let me start off by saying that you are an excellent game developer and I love the Solomon series. Wizards are by far and even further the coolest people around. Anyhow I was wondering if you could make it so that if you did manage to unlock all 5 elements in a single wizard, could we have an ultimate weld where you take all the elements and combine them into one superbolt that, although expensive in skill points and in mana, would be super powerful. Words that could describe this skill might be ultimate or if you want you could use my word for all the elements combined and that is supernova (I just want credit) and I normally use the term in my wizard stories that involve 12 elements.(lava, fire, lightning, plant, water, ice, poison, psychic (you call it ether) ground, sky, dark, and light) Sorry to everyone if this makes the game come out a tiny bit later but you have to agree using a supernova bolt that takes down everything and uses all subskills would be so epic. Anyhow is there any Solomon Dark fans out there that could write some fanfiction? That would rock. Please give me credit for the term supernova if anyone uses it. Thanks and Raptisoft continue making awesome games you rock!!!

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #113 syntheticvoid, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    LMMFAO!!!!

Oh, holy shit I needed that.

Too ####ing funny.

Yup... That while post pretty much sums up the attitude and mindset of the forums these days...

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I once named a powerup in a friend's game supernova and he gave me credit for it. :D

15. Solrex

Solrex New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    #115 Solrex, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    How the supernova bolt would work

So you would have to have unlocked all the elements (not the other help magic).
    Perhaps that would be done at the start by a super expensive perk? Anyhow once you level up and enter the skill menu it would say "would you like to combine the all the elements?" with some boring explanatory text below it. Then it would take all the sub-abilities and combine them. I will list how below.

The supernova bolt
    Appearance: It would be color changing in appearance(white to red to brown to blue to purple or just all the colors) and spherical with a trail.
    Abilities: It would follow enemies (ether) while doing high damage(fireball) and create a blow around it (ice) while being charged up (earth) and shooting off a lightning bolt (lightning)

Sub-abilities
    Now obviously it would be impossible (unless you get to wave 71 (or further with the addition of earth magic) or something) to use all of these at once, instead you would get the skills that you want to use.

Ether:
    More Missiles= would make multiple shots of the missile
    Potent Missiles= would allow for it to retarget after it's been shot and go faster

Fireball:
    Explode=splash damage
    Embers= magical supernova orbs would look cool and do damage

Lightning:
    Chaining= more Lightning bolts would arc off
    Stun= stun enemies for short duration

Frost Jet:
    Cone of Ice= the blow around the bolt would get bigger
    Chill Wind=pushes monsters back

Earth:
    Speeded up charging
    Tramples through more monsters
    (if someone could tell me the names of these skills so I could edit this, that would be great!)

This would add a whole new element of fun to the game! Say "I" without the quotations if your willing to wait extra time for something awesome like this and "Hurry up" if you don't care about this. I apologize in advance to the moderators who will have to go all the "I"s and "Hurry up"s but we need the community's opinion.

Also, is the open beta almost ready?

16. Solrex

Solrex New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I've got a photo but I can't figure out how to post it

I drew a picture of the supernova bolt and then took a picture of it with my iPod but now I can't figure out how to post it here. Any help?

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Total thread bump in need of vital information about this game.

TA to John Raptis. Please come back to the forum.

18. thiefwriter

thiefwriter Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Bumpity bump bump

19. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Easily my most anticipated iOS game of all time. All I want is Solomon's Boneyard on steroids. If it delivers in that respect, it will be the best dual stick available in the AppStore.

20. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009