Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Okay, so I have a problem.

I unlocked scores of costumes, probably 35 or so.

Then the game crashed.

I came back in, sans costumes and I wasn't paying enough attention because I was just going though unlocking them after upgrading a whack of store, a lot fewer BUX....

:(

2. avalanchelynn

avalanchelynn Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    oh my, THAT really does work!!! thanks so much!!! :D

i'm just curious, why does it work that way? why doesn't mine load nicely at first attempt, if there's a reason?

3. Cloverfield

Cloverfield Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    It won't be out for a couple of days.

4. Hirusan

Hirusan Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Photographer
    Japan
    I noticed that the pocket god bug fix was out pretty quickly after they put it up. I wonder why it's taking Tiny Tower so long.

5. ranitas

ranitas Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Lost half of my bux

Hey!
    After installing the update, my bux were cut in half!!
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a bug??

6. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    At the very top of the page you posted this on was yet another sarcastic reply that, yeah, it's a bug, yeah, it's been mentioned on just about every single page since the update came out and, yeah, the bug fix is already submitted.

Anyhow, the bug only affects the sales rate while you're in the game, the background calculated sales rate is unaffected.

There's a few hundred thousand iOS developers, hundreds of thousands of iOS apps, and only a small number of reviewers. There is no fixed time for stuff to come out - sometimes minor updates get approved in a day or so, other times it might take weeks, all depends on who the candidate gets sent to and how behind/hard working they are and/or how much attention they actually pay to things. Perhaps you'd rather see a system where devs pay to have their updates approved so they can be processed in a more efficient manner and see how many small bugfix updates get done?

7. Hirusan

Jul 9, 2010
    Photographer
    Japan
    Well, a day or two is fine, but this should never take weeks. But I know how the system works. Still, it's pretty much a crap shoot.

8. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    For someone who claims to know how it works, you would know a day or two isn't just fine, it's freaking outstandingly fan-f'ing-tastic for the review process. 1 to 2 weeks is the norm (with much longer horror stories out there from devs aplenty). They will often do a quick approval for things that are nothing but bug fixes, but it's by no means guaranteed.

9. Captain Bob

Captain Bob Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    I don't mean to sound sarcastic here, but he said bux. Do you actually mean bux, or do you mean sales per minute ?

10. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    You could be right, but I after having seen multiple people popping in to wonder that they have their sales cut in half I just interpreted as the coin bug. Of course, multiple people have also popped in to claim their bux rewards were reduced even though they weren't, so unless his actual reserve bux total was reduced in half, I'd still be right ;)

11. Captain Bob

Captain Bob Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Andsoitgoes had this to say. I have no idea what he's saying, but sounds like he has a bux problem too.

12. Axiem

Axiem Active Member

Apr 20, 2011
    There appears to be a bug wherein if the game crashes shortly after purchasing a costume, it does not record the costume as purchased, but still keeps the reduces bux count.

The workaround for this, for now, would be to do this: after purchasing a costume, exit the game, and come back later. Not the greatest, but at least doable.

This might be a tricky bug to track down (or it might not, based on how it's coded), but I'm sure the Nimblebit guys will figure it out and get a fix out as quickly as they can.

13. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Prett sure this is fixed in the 1.3.1 update.

14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Unless they submitted this as an emergency fix (which I hardly think impatience qualifies for what Apple considers game killer bugs) this would go through the process like any other update / bug fix. Maybe it might get sorted into a fast track pile, maybe it won't.

In other words, it will be here when it gets here and think how happy you will be with the increased coin when it does! It will just seem all the better.

15. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    I heart New England Gamer ---- always cheerful and optimistic, never outraged or sarcastic. Hooray for a reasonable person.

16. kty6toz

kty6toz Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Bug Fix

I understand that these things take time and that my impatience does not constitute an emergency but I wish that there was a way to roll back to 1.2 until the fix was available. My husband and I both play this and I updated and he didn't and the difference in the coin count sound when we have both games running is pretty depressing. I won't be so quick to load any future updates until I find out what the bugs are. That being said I appreciate Nimblebit and I love the game.

17. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Realistically, since it only affects the game when it is up and running you shouldn't see that much of a difference unless you have the app open for hours at a time.

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #2018 New England Gamer, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    Thanks Doffie! I don't see the need for any of the negativity - it's a forum for GAMES!

You can actually downgrade if it bothers you that much. There are instructions here. You can probably find the old version of the game in your trash bin. But as Ian said - unless you have the game open for the entire day it really does not make a difference, it only SEEMS to because when it is open is when you notice it.

(Add: or turn the sound off!)

19. kty6toz

kty6toz Member

Aug 2, 2011
    That's kinda the problem in the evening when I'm home I do have it open alot trying to get towerbux.

20. Hirusan

Jul 9, 2010
    Photographer
    Japan
    I did detect a bit of sarcasm in that previous response to me. What I meant to say what that I've heard of the wait times, but that is no excuse for an app to be clogged up for weeks at a time. I know it happens, but it just seems so random sometimes. Either way, I'm not being impatient about it. I really enjoy the game and I will gladly wait until the update comes out.:)