Any Devs Want to "Cross-Feature" any Characters?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by simplymuzik3, Jan 26, 2010.

1. simplymuzik3

simplymuzik3 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    This is going out to all iPhone Devs. In our app (MindBlender Quiz - http://www.itunes.com/apps/mindblenderquiz) we would like to cross-feature a character or a few characters.

This would be similar to the way Doodle Jump, Pocket God, and The Creeps! cross-promote each other. They use 1 or 2 characters from each others games and they use them to promote each other. Are there any devs here that would like to do something like this?

Further details can be discussed if you are interested. Please contact me or post in this thread if you would like to be a part of this! If you ARE interested, please post a link to your app and the "character/image" you would like to cross-promote!

Thanks,

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    im not a dev...but what characters does your game have? just by looking at the itunes pics it doesnt look like the game has a main character

3. simplymuzik3

Aug 12, 2009
    Our game doesn't have a "Main" character, but we have around 8 actual proper characters. We think it would work well for us to feature other apps characters because our game consists of quick questions/levels. Thus we can feature many devs in our app!

4. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I have your game, and its actually really fun!
    I can really see how you would be able to promote other charaters in there, with the quick little questions nd all.

5. simplymuzik3

Aug 12, 2009
    Glad you like it! :D Any suggestions you might have, or any "question" ideas? We will add you to the credits screen!

For the devs, anyone willing to offer some of their characters for cross-promotion?

6. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Hey PixelCUBEStudios, remember me? (Hint: @kohjingyu on Twitter) :)

I'll like to offer Cheese Collect's mouse/cat, you know my email. :)

7. ylyu5

ylyu5 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Game Producer
    Hong Kong
    Interesting Idea :D
    I think the game is something similar to "The Impossible Quiz!"

There are some questions I would like to know:
    Are you going to add some questions related to characters in other game?
    Do you need other developers do something to promote your app in return?

8. simplymuzik3

Aug 12, 2009
    1) Yes. If other devs are willing to work with us, we plan on including their characters in a question. If the devs are not willing to do this, then we obviously cannot just go and add it without their permission.

2) We would appreciate it, but its not 100% mandatory. As long as the "other app" mentions something or has a link to MindBlender Quiz, were fine with that. For each character we include in our app, we will add a page in the "credits" section that will have info on the app/developer.

9. slashandburn

slashandburn Active Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Birmingham, Al
    I have some horriably drawn(I'm no artist) characters in Port Defender, and I'm looking for more characters to use as talking heads during my new in game messages to the player.

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Can you show me the screenshots of each character in your game?

11. simplymuzik3

Aug 12, 2009
    Here are some of the characters from our game! We have a few more but TA only allows 8 attachments.
    All images are property of PixelCUBE Studios. You are not allowed to share/use/modify/redistribute them in ANY way.

Attached Files:

12. travisdunn

travisdunn Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Developer
    Amsterdam, NL
    This is a GREAT idea, and I wish Rogueship was a better match so I could get involved, but alas and alack.

If anyone else reading this has a sci-fi or space game and wants to cross-promote, though, please get in touch with me and we can coordinate something.

13. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Those graphics are really good simplymuzik. What about cross-featuring with Cheese Collect? :)

14. simplymuzik3

Aug 12, 2009
    Yeah sure :) I have your email so we can get in touch through there. Can you please send me some images that you would be willing to share? Thanks.

[email protected]