Wicked Forest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by voncarp, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 voncarp, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Hi

I just submitted to the App Store an open world 3rd/1st person RPG shooter with survival elements: Wicked Forest.

It is an online only multiplayer game that will intro at $1.99 with no iAP. You can start with your own world to build and harvest resources, scavenge for supplies/weapons, or you can join another world to raid. Every world is open to anyone. Beta tests have found players who are peaceful builders to aggressive players who only raid other player worlds. Prepare to meet all types of players. Full realtime chat system, customizable character, crafting, scavenging, acquiring resources, 30+ firearms and melee weapons, network only features (WIFI recommended) and much much more.

iPhone 5 and equivalent and above. Essentially, you need 1GB RAM to play. Network only.

AppStore Description:

Survival: The Wicked Forest.

After awakening in a forest cold and helpless, your mission is to survive. Forage the forest for crafting items, or scavenge scattered buildings to help your survivor cope with the dangers of The Wicked Forest. Beware the night, powerful lurking creatures will come until dawn.

Build up your own world by crafting shelters, buildings, water pumps, weapons or invade other worlds to steal supplies. Of all the dangers in The Wicked Forest, be aware of others players. Will they be friend or foe? What will you be when you join another players world? Are they there to help you build your world or to steal your supplies and resources. Resources are fixed and will not replenish. Protect what you have. Play up to 12 players per world.

NOTICE! The Wicked Forest requires a network connection. iPhone 5 and equivalent and above.

Features
    -Full online open world multiplayer
    -Maintain hunger, thirst, health, and stamina.
    -Create and defend your own world or invade another
    -3rd Person/First person view
    -Craft over 100 items
    -Over 30 melee and firearm weapons
    -Full building mechanics. Build wooden or stone forts and tents to shield you from the elements.
    -Mining ores
    -Scavenging system that includes entering buildings and looting items.
    -RPG elements: Select a class, level up your character, and increase skills.
    -Battle against hunters, undead, and other players.
    -Full day/night cycle.
    -Weather effects: Rain and fog.
    -Complex backpack and inventory system.
    -Customizable character clothing: Hats, shirts, pants, eyes, and shoes.
    -Optional missions.

Screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Videos courtesy of Vilkas Vision: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-6LREVgPRWsD7Xmpq4ZdQ

Additional notes: Name was changed from Dead Forest to Wicked Forest due to conflict of names.

Happy to answer questions.

Thanks!

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Looks pretty cool :) Can you create a female character?

3. Sadly, no. At the moment the main character is male only. He is, however; very customizable with 5 different types of clothing, backpacks, and weapons that will differentiate your player from others.

4. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Bought already ☺️
    Any idea on when barren roads will be complete?

5. MacEleven

MacEleven Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2015
    #5 MacEleven, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Okay so loaded question for you Dev. Will this be left at the release or are you going to continue to further the game and update it? Because the App Store is full of games like this that are released and left to burn. It would be nice for some dedication for a game like this. Side note I am not calling you out nor am I giving you shit. I just really want a game like this with substance and a good community base. Also is this game set to release soon. Sorry for the ignorant question.

6. Thanks for your interest. Wicked Forest resulted in a re-write of Barren Roads. My initial tests with Barren Roads suggested that I didn't get it right with my first builds. So, Wicked Forest is a fraction of Barren Roads with far improved network capabilities. However, there are some similarities.

7. Cerxop65

May 16, 2015
    Another question, is this going to be randomly generated, or just the same world in different servers? And is there a chat system? That would be nice. Vehicles too.

8. MacEleven

Nov 27, 2015
    Is barren roads going to be a release of its own or is wicked forest the new barrens roads?

9. Fair question. Most people have that expectations for games.

Wicked Forest is a simple online open world RPG shooter. It is not designed to be all encompassing GTA-esque of open world shooters. It is a small streaming multiplayer game that will allow players to enjoy survival, crafting, fort building, and resource gathering in a multiplayer environment.

The submitted build has bugs in it and sometimes things break. I have had ongoing beta tests for the past two months and felt like it was at a point (with player feedback) where I could do updates and revisions on the App Store in the same manner as I have been with Test Flight. Its not for everyone. I open to hearing everyone's suggestions and will continue to improve it as long as it has players. The entertainment value of Wicked Forest is based on the players involved. And as long as it has players, I will continue to improve it.

Thanks again.

10. There is a realtime chat system. But, not VOIP. Worlds are fixed with randomly generated building and resource spawns so each world will be different.

There are no vehicles planned at the moment. Apologies, but the terrain and map was not designed for efficient use of vehicles.

11. Barren Roads and Wicked Forest are completely different entities. They have similarities because they have the same designer (me), but they are exclusive to each other.

12. MacEleven

Nov 27, 2015
    Oh alright is there still going to be a release for barren roads? And thank you for the responses.

13. Of course. I have invested quite a bit of time and resources into Barren Roads. I just feel it needs much more work.

14. MacEleven

Nov 27, 2015
    Okay well it's good to know your plans and thank you. Good luck!

15. Cerxop65

May 16, 2015
    I can't wait for it to release. Dayz for iOS. Hype level- 5600000

16. Additional screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Super hype!Instabuy!I hope that this one will be successful for you,mate!Don't let premium games die!
    Btw,are there grenades/explosives in Wicked forest?

18. Cerxop65

May 16, 2015
    So when's this dropping?

19. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    #19 gemineye62, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Oops!

I had a double post.

20. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    What happens when Another player invades your world and kills you?
    Do you start from scratch?
    Can you track the person who took your things back to his world to pay him back?
    Can you lay traps down to booby trap your stash?

Thanks

Bye the way , your game looks Wicked! :D