SpaceDuel (Ship vs Ship Space Combat)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jychong, Oct 28, 2009.

1. jychong

jychong Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    #1 jychong, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Hello touch arcade forummers,
    we have been working on an indie game involving 1 vs 1 ship-to-ship space combat. We are still ironing out a couple of bugs and are hoping to submit and release the game soon.
    Here is a quick summary of the game:
    - Unlock 5 different ship classes with different weapons/abilities
    - Weapons include homing missiles, remote mine detonation, lightning overload shields, teleport and more!
    - Every ship is different and handles in their own unique way. Feel the weight of large ships and nimbleness of the small fighters implemented with an underlying 2D physics engine!
    - Challenge computer AI over single player missions/challenges
    - Challenge your friends over local wifi
    - Post your high scores onto a global high score board

Here is a short preview video of what to expect:

thanks,
    developers of SpaceDuel

2. Matt Berry

Matt Berry Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    How do you control the ship??? It was hard to tell what control scheme you are using or are planning on using, could you please clarify this?

3. jychong

Nov 22, 2008
    Sure thing, I will edit the video to make it clearer. Basically you tap and drag anywhere on the screen and your ship will fly in that direction.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Any chance for Bluetooth?

5. jychong

Nov 22, 2008
    Hi there,
    yes we were considering bluetooth but might be running out of time. The bluetooth feature might have to be pushed to the next update...

thanks for your interest in the game,
    developers of SpaceDuel

6. jychong

Nov 22, 2008
    Hi there,
    I will like to clarify the control scheme again(will make a formal edit to the video later on to get the point across more clearly).

To move: You tap and drag ANYWHERE on the screen and the ship will move in that direction.

Shooting/Abilities: The 2 virtual buttons located at the lower corners of the screen. There is a configuration option that allows you to place the shooting buttons either on the Left or Right(depending if you are left or right handed).

thanks,
    developers of SpaceDuel

7. kdaddy

kdaddy Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Webbie Designer
    Seatle
    I will buy this game 10$ if it have multiplayer, This days, what sells well is Online muiltiplayer because we sure want to play and chat with people all around the world, it makes it more fun especially when you are alone.. Make a game 100% complete and please your customers.. This is the problem E.A are currently having,. Rock band was going up the moment it was release but within a little time it started dropping due to issues. Like that TTR3 offer online multiplayer for just 0.99 and they offer a crap with no online multiplayer for 9.99.. Think about this and if you have the finance.. Complete your game..

Good luck

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Not really a fan of these types of games :/

9. jychong

Nov 22, 2008
    Hi there,
    thank you for your interest in the game. We are definitely spending time fixing multiplayer issues. It does get a bit tricky :)

10. dromaesaur

dromaesaur New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    That looks cool! Reminds me of the melee combat in Star Control 2! :D Looking forward to the release of the game...

11. jychong

Nov 22, 2008
    Here are 2 preview screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a variety of weapons/abilities to choose from the 5 different ships including homing missiles, lightning beams, teleport, remote mine detonation and more!