Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Flare_TM, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Flare_TM

Flare_TM Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Is it coming to IOS?

2. Flare_TM

Dec 15, 2011
    Anyone know? because 12 came out at the end of march last year, and 13 has just arrived on consoles

3. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Well 2012 version was released 26th April last year. So perhaps about then. But we would have seen or head something by now. At least a screenshot. And it's last installments has an average rating of 2 stars, so they may not see the potential audience.

4. Flare_TM

Dec 15, 2011
    Well it came out 29th March 2011

(http://www.appspy.com/tiger-woods-pga-tour-12-lands-app-store-fairway-news)

It recieved very favourable reviews, scoring 81 on Metacritic, 80 on Toucharcade on 100 on Slide to Play.
    (http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/tiger-woods-pga-tour-12/critic-reviews)

It has an average rating of 4.5 / 5 stars across all versions on the UK Appstore with over 5000 ratings.

So given this I was sort of expecting a 2013 version, but no news at all on that front, unless anyone else can shed some light

5. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I did a quick search and found nothing except people complaining about Tiger at the Masters. I don't know if EA could bring all the new swing mechanics into the iOS, not that they would need to.

IMO if they can't bring something new to the game this year (like Augusta maybe?) than they may as well not bother.

On a side note, I was always a Tiger fan, but I'd like to see someone else represented now. Tiger is still a draw at the golf course for spectators, but I think it's more of a curiosity at this point. His game just isn't there, his on-the air-personality is completely boring and always has been. Someone else deserves it, but I guess the name TW still sells product. Congrats EA for sticking with him in this time of trouble/milking him for all you can until public opinion of him gets too low. :)