Universal Don't Run With A Plasma Sword [Universal] (v1.1.1 - iCade, Joypad support)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Nov 29, 2011.

1. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Well as a gamer who owns 25 iPhone platformers and 20 runners, this is definitely in the top 3 of each...

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Do you think there will be iCade support? Looks good as. I will buy if there is will be iCade support in future updates.

3. XperimentalZ

XperimentalZ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    XperimentalZ Games Founder
    Montreal, Canada
    That could be cool actually. How popular is that among gamers?

I'm not familiar with that so we'd have to analyse how difficult it would be to implement, but it looks like it could work well with the game :).

4. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Actually, does that work with landscape games?

5. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    iCade works with landscape games, yes. :)

6. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Game looks good. I like the style, but only thing that worries me is the type of game it is and how well it works on the iOS platform. It seems like everybody says it works well though...

Tempted but not an instant buy for me. I was never really a fan of this type of platformer though

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion dude... And I have to agree with him

8. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Oh nice. The first looks seems to show that it is not too difficult to implement. So we'll have to consider this seriously for an update. Hopefully one of our beta testers has the gadget :D.

9. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    This is easily one of my top 3 platformers... And endless runners. Really. Try it, play past the first world, then tell me this game isn't good.

I beta tested this, and it's awesome.
    As for the controls, it takes a few games to get used to, but once you master them, you almost never die due to the controls. It's mostly down to your own reaction time. It's great, I definitely recommend it.

10. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

If its not too difficult, please implement! With the recent sale on iCades during Black Friday, people I've seen on the forums have picked one up.

Either way, getting this app when it becomes available!

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I don't know. With as many platformers/runners that I have, I'm still skeptical. Sure it's a good game. Just have platformer-runner overload so it's getting to the point where it's gotta be really good to get a place on my iPod Touch.

12. dinoeggs777

Jan 24, 2011

This is REALLY good.

13. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Please don't speak nonsense, you should know what platform games are good on iOS and this one ranks very high on any list. But you wouldn't know that until you actually tested or bought this game would you?

14. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Sorry guys it was my bro that wrote before...of course I love Don't run with a plasma sword and i will purchase the game asap! Greetings :D

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Will be looking for your real impressions!

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Excellent game. Absolutely one of the best in the genre. Tight controls, collision detection, and very good feel overall. Very nice variety. Gameplay can probably be closely enough described as a cross between Jetpack Joyride and Robot Unicorn Attack.

Issues:

-A crackling noise when music's on, particularly on the main menu screen. Not 100% sure this isn't intentional, but annoying enough for me to opt for turning the music off.

-The jump from the first to second tier of upgrades (1000 - 20000) is way out of whack and can only be construed as manipulative towards acquiring coin via IAP.

17. dinoeggs777

Jan 24, 2011
    LOL
    Sorry for raging at your bro, but if you've played it, then you would understand how great it is :p

18. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    #38 XperimentalZ, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks!

Yes it was intentional, to bring an 'retro' feeling to it to fit with the mood. The other songs don't have this effect, its only in the main menu. That's the first comment we have about that, but if players don't like it we can try to smooth it up.

The XP gains are higher as the game goes, to compensate for the price increase. The whole price distribution of items was balanced without having IAP in mind, so I would not even recommend buying them, unless you really want to speed up your progression, or you want to support us. That said, some items take a bit longer to give long term objectives. I think we can unlock everything in about 8-15h. At expert you can easily make 2-3k per run, up to 6k if you complete an objective.

19. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Possibly so, I'll have to wait and see. I do however need to correct/clarify what I wrote earlier: the 1k to 20k first to second tier upgrade is only for one of the skills; it was the one I saw first so assumed the rest would be the same. Not so. It varies, and some others are a lot more reasonable (1k to 3.5k.) So definitely not as bad as it first appeared.

20. XperimentalZ

Patreon Bronze

Jul 20, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Oh yeah, you must have been talking about going from dive 1 to dive 2. The second skill in the tree is a permanent shockwave unleashed when you dive to the ground. We put a higher price on ranged attacks to incite the players to learn the core mechanics first.