Have you played Joining Hands? Give us feedback on the levels.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by 10tonsLtd, Jun 9, 2011.

?

Update includes more levels, what kind of levels you like best?

1. Easy

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Medium

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Hard

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Even harder!

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    We'd like to know which difficulty levels people like best in Joining Hands. This would help us decide what kind of levels to include in the update. Basically, would you like to have more easy, medium, hard, or even harder levels :)

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I haven't even played it yet but I would be itching to see more easy levels if only I have heard it gets REALLY hard! So if you added more easy levels it would entice me to actually GET it!!

As I said before I have all your games except for the Joggers one and LOVE them - just the feedback from this is that it is so obscure I am hesitant to hit the buy button!

So for me, increasing the amount of easy levels would probably sway me because I would feel comfortable that there was enough game to play before I got stumped and stuck.

Also is there a skip level button? That would help me decide so that if I got stuck it was not game over for me.

I know you asked for feedback from people that actually played the game but as a potential sale this is my view so hopefully that helps you as well.

3. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I would love a Neuroshima Hex theme or something that does not look sickenin cute for a game like this for once. Good game though, and I voted medium. :)

4. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    This is one of my favorite games that I have bought lately, I would love more medium to hard levels. I am stuck currently on a later level I would love to be able to either skip levels or have a hint button, or to unlock more than one level at a time. Great game though.

5. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback. We've thought about the skip feature, but so far we've decided to leave it out. This is because a new episode unlocks only after 1/3 of the current one is played. So, you should be able to change the episode and play another level while your subconscious works on some other level ;) However, we'll reconsider it once more.

The update will have a bunch of easy levels, but since people seem to want content for all episodes, there'll be also more medium and hard levels.

6. TheCatsMeow

TheCatsMeow Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    Medium / hard for sure,
    It's nice to have real mind blowing challenges, but not ones that are so hard that it's frustrating and makes you give up !

Still think you should consider a skip option, but only give out very minimal skips so that ppl still try their hardest and if it's absolutely impossible to them, then they can skip and go back to it later, when the games finished so the pressures off..
    I refuse to go onto a new world without completing the previous world because I'm abit OCD and also don't believe in wasting levels! Skip would be cool but to only be used scarecly and when absolutely necessary! (like spent 3 hours on a level and still can't pass it necessary!)
    I'm stuck on level 11, forever alone but I wouldn't skip it if I had the option, unless I spend a few hours on it and can't get passed then I would ..but I'm sure another 10 minutes or so and I'll get through it..I've spent bout 15 on it and can't get passed, going to try for another 10 mins and if I do t figure it out I'll try it without the stars!
    It's nice to finally see a puzzler on the Idevice that takes longer than 2 mins to solve!
    Thank you!!