iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Robin/P1XL

Robin/P1XL Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Programmer
    Thunder Bay, Canada
  2. Gamer_Kev

Gamer_Kev Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I just checked it yesterday and couldn't get it to work with the iCade. You would think Atari would be supporting the iCade. Another game that really should have iCade support but doesn't is Ms. Pacman. Since Namco supported it with Pacman, I have to wonder why they left it out with this one.

3. Gamer_Kev

Gamer_Kev Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Same here, with arcade and action games, iCade support is always a plus when making a purchase decision.

4. readysetboom

readysetboom Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Bastion needs to be added!! Tht would be awesome!!!!!

5. retrogamer

retrogamer Member

May 11, 2012
    You can now add Ms. Pac-Man for iPad to the list. Latest update has iCade support!

6. SKELETOR68

SKELETOR68 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    DND, Canadian Forces Soldier, Arty
    CFB Wainwright, Alberta Canada
    Ms Pac Man

What? I have been waiting forever for this to happen sence iCade was for PAC MAN, Sweet news.

7. SKELETOR68

Dec 11, 2011
    Vectrex for iCade

#Vectrex - (by Rantmedia) [NZ] - Universal App

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 125 MB.

Price in NZ is FREE

Requirements : Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

8. retrogamer

retrogamer Member

May 11, 2012
    Namco Arcade - at least on the iPad. I just played a level of Rolling Thunder with the iCade. Felt great.

9. SKELETOR68

Dec 11, 2011
    It will let you download the APP with the iPad 1st Gen, will load up the Logo screen than try loading the program, there it will crash.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Such a shame the games are SOOOO overpriced for it. I mean look at Midway Arcade and the prices there, 69p a pack for 3 or 4 games.

Namco Arcade i want to support, i always try and buy any old games but when theyre charging 2 or 3 pounds PER game its a joke. I'm avoiding this app until they take a serious think about their OTT prices.

Anyway onto happier news - the iCade is SUPERB with the Vectrex app (Also cool using your ipod/iphone as a controller for the ipad)

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #1311 oooooomonkey, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Can anyone tell me if the icade works with the new ipad4? I mean does the ipad fit properly and does it all work how it should.
    Thanks

12. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    From my understanding the iPad 4 uses the same outer shell as the iPad 3 and is the exact same size. I have an iPad 3 and it works great.

13. Hardbattle

Hardbattle Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Yep, works and fits fine with mine.

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Thanks for that guys.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Anyone had an issue with their button not working ?

The top right (white) button doesnt seem to work with any apps which is strange. Was playing Scramble (Vectrex), on for a great score then the button just stopped working. Cant believe i was whacking it too much (the button).

Wonder if its a case of batteries going, have to try that later.

Hoping its nothing serious !

16. matus

matus New Member

Oct 7, 2012
    I was wondering, are the iCade and 8 Bitty the only devices that support the iCade standard? I was looking at the Atari Arcade sold in the Apple Stores and saw that it supports the Atari Classics app listed in the list of icade games in the OP. I can't work out if it supports all icade games, or if the think geek device is better because it supports the Atari classics AND a load more apps?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I don't want to thread-jack ;-)

17. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Vectrex app: Do I need to buy Mega Pack before I can test iCade support on included game? I am surprised developers went this way.

I would like to know things like:
    Do overlay buttons disappear when iCade detected?
    Can I exit current game without touching iPad screen?
    Can iCade be used to manipulate menu/lobby area?
    Is choice of button assignment appropriate?
    Is it snappy and responsive during game play?

I will hold off buying Mega pack for now as I would like to know the above first.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well I bought the mega pack straight away so I'm not sure. Think the mega pack came with icade support as well

But the apps free so give it a go with minestorm

19. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Yeah well iCade not working at all on Minestorm. Must be true that Megapack needs purchasing

How are you guys finding the iCade implementation?

20. makaGeorge

makaGeorge Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I just got an iCade and the first thing I did was try the Vectrex app. It works really well. In fact I think except for one racing title which uses analog controls, the other games need to be played with external controls.... I found pressing more than one button on the touch screen to be really hard. For example, Thrust just became really hard, instead of impossible to play...

Anyway... I'm really enjoying Solar Quest and Cosmic Chasm, probably my two favorites...

By the way, if the iCade list is being updated (I guess it is) I just released an update to Vector Star Brawl to support both iCade and Gamedock. And 2 player games can be played on the iCade...