Deleting Apps from iTunes, lose game data?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ethanp, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Ethanp

Ethanp Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I've recently moved countries and have gotten a new credit card from a different country. As a result I've had to change my country within iTunes. Unfortunately, Apple does not have an effective system to change the country of apps and so I am unable to update my apps (although it shows the number beside saying how many updates are available).

The only method that I've been able to find to get around this is to delete the app in iTunes and then "buy" it again. However, iTunes recognizes that I have already purchased this app and I am not charged but I am once again able to update the apps.

Does anyone know of a better method to going through one app at a time and deleting it and then re-downloading it? Since I have a large number of apps this will be very time consuming.

Also, does anyone know if I delete the app from iTunes but keep it on my iPod will I lose game data? I think I should be able to do this (copy my apps over to my ipod and then redownload them all one by one). It would be very annoying to lose saved game data.

Thanks so much for your help!

2. chris777

chris777 New Member

Dec 24, 2011
    I'm bumping this

I have a very similar problem. I take a lot of video on my ipod touch4, and have a lot of large file games as well, all i can think of doing to free up some space, is to delete some games I have beaten, but may want to play again later, but I dont know what to keep, where its at, or if their are any cheap or free tools to do it for me I am also jailbroken, and currently running 4.3.3.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    In answer to the OP - you can always still log on separately to each country's store and download updates that way. If you delete the games from your iPod you will lose data unless they save via iCloud or Game Center or some such.

Second OP, don't have a clue about jailbroken devices - you can check the jailbreak forum.