Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    @Jtfields: You're right. BS decided to take some of the dragons off the market to make room for those limiteds. They will be back by tomorrow I think.

@Stlredbird: All of those dragons are still breedable, they just can't be bought from the market until the event ends. :)

2. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Blazing and Brass egg look too alike

I sold my Brass egg thinking that I had one already on display, but found out later I only had a Blazing egg. I hatched another Brass, compared both eggs and I can see a slight darker color on the Brass egg (not by much). Is this a mistake on BackFlip's part or what? :confused:

3. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Thx. I'm mesmerized by your egg display collection. It's a work of art. :cool:

4. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Ha ha, thanks. Grids can be mesmerizing. I really need to take some time to rearrange my islands. When I first started playing I took the time to decorate my first two islands but really haven't put much effort into it since. I have one junk island where my shrines are where I just throw stuff cause I don't have anywhere else to put it. Too many decorations.

5. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    The Garnet makes me laugh...I threw him a pool area. Instead of frolicking in the water like the Pearl does...he looks like he's drowning and gasping for air. He seems to be a very poor swimmer. LOL :rolleyes:

6. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    And they're gone!

I'm so happy I got sapphire yesterday, what a stress reliever. If any1 wants to swap gems pm me ur GC id.

Bring on an update with new dragons, island and level cap!!!!

7. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    #7707 ~ebbnflow~, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Control Fountain of Youth

Doesn't it make more sense if DragonVale lets us judge for ourselves how big or small we want our dragons when using the Fountain of Youth? As of now, all my dragons are either big or too small, no in-betweens. We need more variety in the sizes of our dragons! :mad:

We don't even have a full-view mode to get rid of the big on-screen icons when we just want to enjoy our theme park (or take snapshots). A simple three-finger touch or small icon to toggle the icons on/off would be great. :cool:

8. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Well, had good luck getting all the rare dragons I needed over the holiday period, and just got my second garnet cooking now, so all I am missing is a second gold oly and seasonal to breed display eggs with, so back to getting my shrines to gold while trying for those two for the rest of the month
    Well done GP, great to hear you got your leap year at last, and lovely to hear about the rest of you all getting the rare dragons you wanted so badly wonder what they have in store for us next?::p

9. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    How the heck do you breed a smoke dragon?! I've been trying for a week and ended up with about 10 blazings... I've tried virtually every fire + air combo. I am above the level requirement..

Someone please help me D: gaaah!

10. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #7710 TIMELESS, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    sandbox says air and fire only can get blazing or smoke with this combo.Good luck.Chrome and blazing works too longer fails.

11. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Good luck, as you've experienced it is rare compared to blazing but you should still be getting it 20% or so of the breeding times. If you want to try something else try Air and fire hybrid (Blue Fire or Frostfire if you have one) or Cold and Blazing (also Cold and firework, Blazing and Snow, Firework and Snow). Using combinations with the Fire, Air and Cold will give you best chance and shortest fail times. You should only get Snow, Blazing, and Smoke with most of these pairings and will have a chance to get Frostfire from Cold and Fire hybrid or Blue Fire from Fire and Snow.

Once you get your first Smoke and are trying for Garnet, Smoke will be a pretty common fail.

12. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I got one of mine via Firework + Snow

13. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Didn't know it was rare ;_; Thanks timeless, texasted, and deeneez.

Will try those combos as well. :)

14. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    New update here in Dragonvale!

There is a new Hail dragon (Cold/Lightning elements) to complement the Storm dragon. Breeding time of 8 hours. Unfortunately, I don't think anything else has changed...

15. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    New update with the "bug fixes" façade always turns up more down the road.

16. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    When will there be any new dragons with the metal element? Or a limited w/ 3 or more elements including metal would be nice.

17. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hail appeared for me before the App store update.

18. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    Same here, I never said anything about hail.

19. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry, I misunderstood.

20. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Got two Hails cooking. One on the EBI on the third try with Firefly/Storm and one in the EBC on second try with Cold/Lightning. Maybe we'll get an Epic tomorrow, that was too easy. Dragon and display knocked out in a few hours (I used the Kairos after my first attempt.)