Universal Reckless Racing 2 - (by Polarbit) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

1. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    #461 helriser, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    Hello polarbit,

While I did not care for this game before, I must say this update did it for me. The AI drivers are no longer invincible and perfect. They are now affected by road conditions just like me and now the races feel a whole lot like RR1 which is great. I just had a HUGE pile up in a tight corner an hour ago and the grin I had on my face was priceless.

All that needs fixing next is the controls. They are too sluggish and always respond late. Make them work like in RR1 just like you fixed the perfect AI today.

Also please while at it, can you tilt the the cam just a little during the races so we can see a little more ahead or at an angle. I would also like to see the camera zooms in when cars are making turns or going slower just like in Mini Motors. Because these cars really look great, but one can't really appreciate the craftsmanship since they are so tiny on the screen.

I would also love a "watch replay" feature with different views/angles available.
    I look forward to new cars and maps, but honestly, I wish you would implement a multiplayer system like Real Racing 2. As it is right now, the multiplayer is barely playable and always laggy even if it's only 2 players racing.

Thanks

2. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Lost all my data as well, deleted it.... Not going to start all over again! Mini motor here I come !!!

Really stinks, but I can't see myself putting in the effort again :(

3. helriser

Oct 28, 2011
    Unlike everyone here I did not lose any data. That's because I deleted the game long ago. However now, I find the AI tweak they have done makes the game so much fun now. Because the AI is no longer perfect and boring. Races are fun for me now. So I say to all of you to give it a try... again; you'll be surprised at how much better it plays with the new AI drivers. If only they had done the same for those weird controls.

4. ShawnMak

ShawnMak Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Oh, for the love of God. I had all but maybe four cars unlocked and fully upgraded... There's no way I'm going to grind for that long to get all of those again. I've loved all of the Reckless games, but...

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    ...and all this mess without love for the new iPad..

6. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    You nailed it :D

7. obsidian

obsidian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Italy
    Can't believe I lost everything, I don't know what to do now since I spent countless hours to complete this game. :mad:

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I am pretty surprised they haven't put a warning on the update notes yet... kinda strange...

if people don't check out reviews or the thread before updating (and really... who does before updating EVERY game they update...) more and more are just gonna keep loosing their progress...

But... good side of things... I've gotta agree. The AI is WAY better now.... Almost feels like I"m racing actual people now. =oD

9. obsidian

obsidian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Italy
    I totally agree. :)

Anyway this screw up could have been avoided with iCloud. Devs are not using it enough. :(

10. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    For the next update (besides fixing the colossal f-up of THIS update) please address these concerns:

-Fix the exaggerated side-to-side motion the cars (meaning all the vehicles at any point in the game) make when trying to move the car only slightly. This is stated in greater detail by myself in previous posts. It is virtually impossible to straighten your vehicle properly without having to overcorrect multiple times, especially on pavement, when coming out of a turn and trying to go straight.

-This may or may not be synonymous with the first point, but the control sensitivity adjustment does not work at all for me. In RR1, adjusting the control sensitivity made a huge, noticeable difference. Not here.

-The vehicles are like driving shoeboxes--they have no movement. In RR1, you can feel the weight of the vehicles, the suspension, etc. Please improve this so the game doesn't feel as flat.

11. Melvin.c

Melvin.c Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Its amazing! It is very different racing game from other racing game. It has very very high speed.

12. carol carter

carol carter Member

May 21, 2012
    ohh yet again another brilliant wacky racers game with vast improvements and handling

13. Pixelbite_Games

Pixelbite_Games Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    Well... we messed up. Big time. :(
    There are no excuses for letting something like this happen. We can't fix your save game if you have started the game after the update, but we are working on ways to reimburse anyone affected. You will not have to grind through the whole game again. More details later about this. Right now we are trying to get our hot fix through Apple ASAP!

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Two questions:
    1) What do you mean ''if you have start a new game''? Just create a new profile or start racing to career mode?
    2) What about the iaps?

15. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    1: Launching the game at all. If you downloaded the update but haven't started it yet, your progress should be OK.

2: We are still working on exactly how to handle lost IAP, so we will have more details on this soon.

16. helriser

Oct 28, 2011
    While you are working on the hot fix, can you please also fix those horrible controls that everyone have complained about. It would be nice if you would just stop ignoring the problem as if it's not there and address it already. I also agree with a poster above me, the cars move very flat. Even during a tight turn they don't lean to the side like the cars in RR1. Fix that too please. And bring the camera a little closer during turns so we can see those nice details backside as it is right now, on the iPhone, the cars look TOOOOOO small.

Thanks

17. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland

omg!

18. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Honestly, I don't need you to reimburse me for what happened with the update. I just wish you'd respond to my posts! :D

19. Pixelbite_Games

Mar 2, 2010
    Game Developer
    Helsingborg, Sweden
    We are evaluating how to best fix the steering, without the risk of affecting the physics negatively. The fix were originally planned for the next content update, but we'll try to include it in a quicker update.

Regarding the suspension and movement of the cars, the slicker cars compared to RR1 makes it harder to exaggerate chassi movements. The Tector for example doesn't have much "wiggle" room. But I'm sure we can increase it for those cars that can handle it. No promises yet, but we are looking into it.

20. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Dear PixelBite,

Did you guys look into updating your game for Retina graphics on the iPad 3? Or would that kill the frame rate too much?

The graphics don't look bad, but your game has an overal bright theme that would make it look so awesome if it would be pushed on the screen on that resolution.
    I have to start all over again anyway since I recently got the iPad 3. No Retina is holding me back, but if its not going to happen I might as well start playing! :D