Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Alrighty, so... Even with all of the crashing issues that I had, I kept trying to play. Since the game always picked up right where it crashed, it wasn't too big of a problem, more of an inconvenience.

Until now...

After about 8 hours of gameplay, while doing some light renovations on my HUGE house, the game crashed. Now whenever I try and start the game up, it loads, and then crashes right when it's done loading.

All that time and work... And it's basically gone now.

2. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Thanks mate, much appreciated!

3. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #323 switch-it, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Here you go, and as a sidenote, when you're very close to the magma/center of the earth, you start to steam, the surrounding area will be lit a little bit and you start taking damage. Don't worry to much about the damage though as you can't die. You can also walk on the magma.

[​IMG]

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Give me a second, I will post one.

5. Spike3187

Spike3187 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    UK

I see you are running iOS 5.x try playing your own music (even if just the last 20 seconds of a track) while you are opening the game, the crashing on iOS 5.x is down to a glitch with in game music.

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    [​IMG]

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thanks...

too bad I rage deleted the game... =o/

8. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #328 vicsark, Jan 19, 2013
    Too bad mate.
    The dev just submitted an update fixing some bugs reported :(
    Don't you have an iCloud or itunes save?

Funny you mention that, I was just thinking the same, a highway so you could donkey ride all the way across the ocean lol :)

The ultimate thing would be to do a non stop highway all around the world, 4/5 blocks higher than sea level, always at the same height digging through mountains and suspended over sea :D

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Before I deleted the game, I mined under the ocean and then up to the ocean (while it was frozen) and then drained the ocean into the mine. Had water all the way back to my base... But once it started to drain, I just swam up to the ice, and hacked my way to the surface of the frozen water, walking back to shore while the ocean drained. =oP

10. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I'm stuck in the middle of the ocean pretty much dead. Can I teleport back?

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    not that I know of.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Nope... But if there's a frozen area, you can place some wood/dirt/whatever and take a rest/warm up.

13. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #333 switch-it, Jan 19, 2013
    Just finished my last achievement but GC seems to be stuck at 41/45. The gamecenter achievement signs did drop down when i unlocked them in-game though, so not sure how that's possible. Anyone else got the same problem?

Edit: To answer my own question, it's a known bug that's being fixed in the first patch coming out within a week

14. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    1.0.1 update is out, fixes a bunch of bugs

15. switch-it

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Yay, update works :D 45/45

The portal upgrades/gem pickaxes achievements was surprisingly easy to get btw. The multiplier in gem pickaxes works on the timecrystals too and they are pretty common in caves. Just dig down at some random spot until you hit a cave and explore. Took me only a couple hours i think

[​IMG]

16. Avantyr

Avantyr Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Ok, got it, thanks ;)

17. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    This is the first freemium style game I've put money into (time halfer upgrade). Game has been fun for me, so I figured I'd show support for it.

Debating whether to get another blockhead in or upgrade the portal first to get the amethyst pickaxe before I do any more mining. Seems wasteful to not do the later, but having another body around would also be helpful. Descisions descisions.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    get a second blockhead, without doubt :)

19. J3RKFAC3

J3RKFAC3 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I really like the exploration aspect of the game, so I imagined what it'd be like to stumble upon something like this while deep in the caverns.
    although after seeing some of the crafting some of you posted, I think I have a lot more to go.

Attached Files:

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    any tricks to growing the coffee cherry? I planted it and the thing isnt growing seeds, (or growing at all) so what the heck?

Lol also I am trying to build that 'road around the world' that someone mentioned earlier. frick that takes a lot of time. I havent even gone the length of one pole to another yet and I have spent hours on it.