Iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus opinion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chaos_envoys, Sep 12, 2014.

1. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    So, how does TA community think about the new iphones? I personally don't like the still large side bezels, and their prioritizing thinness over battery capacity.. I guess I'm sticking to my mini retina #

2. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    While the new iPhones look cool only %20 performance upgrade make them useless for me.

3. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    both phones stupid,i will buy iphone5s...

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I'd love any upgrade as I'm still rocking an iPhone 4. But I do have an ipad air. Which is nice.

5. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Quite like the idea of a plus-sized phone. It reflects the fact that the device is 90% games machine and 10% thing for making calls on as far as I'm concerned.

I doubt I'll splash out on one though, I'm more likely to pick up a cut price 2nd hand 5 or 5s from someone who upgraded.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I moved up to an iphone 4s, saw a huge difference, no games crashing, plus it was much cheaper to buy a 64 gig version. The 64 gig iphone 5's are still very expensive.

I know what you mean. The size seems decent but i cant believe i can carry it in my pocket easily and i'm anti man-bags so unsure how i would carry it !

I'm quite happy being behind a generation or so, my iphone 4s was cheap on ebay and it runs everything fine.

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    how about ram memory?i thing both have 1gb and i don't trust gsmarena coz they said ip6 plus have 2gb ram...

8. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    How much speed does a person need? The A7 chip is fast enough to handle any game you throw at it, can't imagine why someone would need something much more powerful at this point in time

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

The back of the iphone looks hideous. Should have kept glass on the top and bottom of it.

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Progress - who needs it anyway?

11. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    As a 4S owner and mini retina owner, the iphone 6 is a must have. It represents a big enough jump for me to justify it. I use the mini for eerything but texting and calling so I held off on upgrades til now. I also got the small 6, no need for a phablet when you have an ipad mini.

12. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    #12 Jakeopp, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    ? i didn't say that, I just don't think that a 20% faster CPU is anything to complain about when the last generation devices are still running extremely quick. Coupled with Metal, and a 50% faster GPU, i don't think iDevice gamers have anything to complain about.

13. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Personally I think they look great.

My only reservations are
    1 - probably only 1gb ram. That'll be fine for a while, but the last year of using my 4s with 512mb was painful and I worry that my third year of using the iPhone 6 will be similar.
    2 - the curved glass on the screen (though lovely) is going to make screen protectors sit really badly

Nothing bad enough to make me keep my 4s any longer. I ordered my 128gb silver iPhone 6 this morning.

(A bit excited)

14. SherlockEB

Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Are you serious?

I wasn't complaining I simply said that they don't make a difference since they aren't strong enough. And when you think of it iPhone 6 plus has two times the pixel count of iPhone 5s while being only 1.5 times stronger so it might even deliver worse performance.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I'm hoping that Apple learned enough from the iPad 3 to prevent that happening again. (That, and I'm looking to replace my iPhone4 with a 6+ soon, but am more than willing to wait to see how it pans out...)

16. SherlockEB

Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I'm sure you know getting one from first batch wouldn't be a good idea anyways so waiting is good at this point.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    6 plus has a 401 ppi for pixel count. Apparently there is some quad something phone with a 550 ppi that apparently looks really good - but 1920 x 1080 for the screen resolution is good. Also, don't overlook that Verizon and ATT are giving "rebates" - $200 for working iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c and $300 for the 5s - you could go straight across trading one of those in. That is what I am doing - trading in a 4s for the 6Plus. Makes is very affordable...

18. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    #18 Fangbone, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    Unfortunately the $200 "rebate" is off the non-discounted rate you would typically receive when renewing your contract. In other words, it's not that great of a deal. You're basically buying the phone without a contract. Just looked up the iPhone 6 and it's $650 for a 16 GB with no contract. So minus the $200 comes out to $450. Or renew a contract and it's $199.99.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    At this point I feel as Apple's ran out of ideas. Nothing new here, nothing innovative, everything we saw coming months ago and have seen in Android phones for months if not years.

Yes.

20. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    #20 chimpman252, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    I've been using the past two generations of iPod Touch devices each year they come out, but it's finally time for me to get an actual cellphone (talk about behind the times!). Previously I used apps like Textfree to text people on wifi but it's not cutting it anymore.

The iPhone 6 Plus is gonna be my first phone. I went with the plus because the battery life is significantly better on it and I watch a lot of videos and obviously play a lot of games so the bigger screen sounds great to me. I don't care as much about the image stabilization but it's a nice feature to have.
    Overall it's a major improvement to my iPod Touch 5 which compared to the iPhones will be becoming 3 generations out of date.

I preordered it yesterday morning with a Verizon contract along with a Spigen Tough Armor case and Crystal screen protector and I will have everything by launch day! I'm super excited.