Cubez! - First Person Puzzle. Unity3D.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by madmax5211, Apr 16, 2012.

1. madmax5211

madmax5211 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    #1 madmax5211, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    Game looking like a blend of Minecraft and Portal. Coming very soon for iOS and Android.
    Trailer
    Some screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our twitter

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Looks kinda like Q.U.B.E.

I'll certainly be watching for it.

3. madmax5211

madmax5211 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks, i'm glad you liked it.

4. madmax5211

madmax5211 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks, i'm glad you liked it.

5. madmax5211

madmax5211 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Waiting for your comments :)

6. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    looks fun kind of pixleated (or is that supposed to be part of the "charm"?)- when is the release date ?

7. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    That actualy looks interesting and original :) will def. keep an eye on that.

8. madmax5211

madmax5211 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks, the game will be available in May.

9. oopsHong

oopsHong Member

Apr 17, 2012
    oooopssss

it looks great!!

10. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Put a heart on the Cube and I'll love it. It's always good to have a cube as a companion :rolleyes:.

11. madmax5211

madmax5211 Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks.
    I'll do it for you ;)

12. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Looks like Q.U.B.E. and Portal with Minecraftish graphics! Well i'm interested :)

13. Pbarillas

Pbarillas Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Cool. I would like portal/minecraft game for ios!:)

14. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    #14 cwccgames, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Hi there! Thanks for feedback and sorry for delay!)
    Cubez comes out in february, it's almost done :)
    Here's last screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The game will be available in two versions: Full ($1.99) and Lite (Free).
    For now the game runs on any device from iPhone 4s and above, but we are working to optimize the game for older devices.
    I'll upload the gameplay trailer here soon.

15. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Screenshots with new graphics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The game is now running at 60 fps on powerful devices (iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and newer). Added retina display support for iPad 3/4.
    Wait for the gameplay trailer tomorrow.

16. Kozio235

Kozio235 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
  17. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Hi all! I am pleasued to announce you that development of the web-version of the cubez is completed and you can play it on my stie: cwcc-games.info.
    This game requires "Unity player".
    Web-version contain 8 levels from the full game, but only before the iOS-version is coming to App Store. After that it will be replaced by the Lite-edition. iOS-version will be released in App Store on February 10.
    Supported devices: iPod Touch 4g/5, iPhone 4/4s/5, and all generations of iPad.
    I am 17, this is my first serious project, on the development of wich I spent more than a year. So now i'm waiting for objective critic and comments. Thanks :)

18. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    #18 cwccgames, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    del.

19. cwccgames

cwccgames Member

Dec 17, 2012
    iOS version submitted to the App Store. The game is universal and it costs $1.99. Comes out on February 10.

20. redflame

redflame Member

Jan 6, 2013
    The core mechanic used in the game is pretty good, with some polish this could turn out well.

By far my largest complaint is with the controls. Movement feels sluggish mostly due to taking too long to accelerate. For the mouse controls, the sensitivity was set way too high for me. Adding the ability to adjust the mouse sensitivity would be handy. Also, for the Unity Player, right click was not a good control choice since it brings up a menu and you lose control until you click on the window again. It'll be interesting to see what the controls are like for the iOS version. :)

Another, more minor complaint, is that the icons in the menu are not clear enough - other then "new" anyway.

Finally for the visuals. I don't mind the simple visuals, mostly (look at my current iOS project for evidence of that). However for 3D environments, a sense of "dimension" and "solidity" really help. I see a bunch of surfaces with the same texture and global lighting - it doesn't feel solid. There are a variety of ways to improve this, I'll talk about one option that should be very little work. If you add a simple directional light with shadow casting disabled, you can get the various faces to light up at different intensities at a global scale. You'll be able to tell the different between different walls and surfaces at a glance this way. In addition I'd strongly suggest using precomputed ambient occlusion to modulate your ambient light, this will darken up your corners and edges and give you a much greater sense of depth. Finally I would suggest adding some variety to your backgrounds - simple textures are fine. Even changing up the base color(s) alone between levels might be enough. :)

Anyway, I hope my criticisms didn't seem to harsh. Feel free to use whatever advice you feel applies to you.