Universal XCOM®: Enemy Within (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sapphire_neo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Yeah man. But with everything they added, Enemy Within is like an entirely new game

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ugh now I feel like I shouldn't have bought the first one only because I got it a couple weeks ago... Didn't play it enough. If I bought the original when it came out it probably wouldn't matter to me.

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I'm in the same boat with you, i bought XCOM EU about a month ago. I am having second thoughts about buying this, because i'm not a fan of this policy, ala Capcom's Street Fighter 4. Here's SF4, for 50 euro. Next semester, here's SF4 Super edition, for 50 euro, next on here's SF4 ultrasuperyper edition for 50 euro..
    They should make a dlc for those of us who bought the XCOM EU, or at least sell it to us for a reduced price.

Personally, i don't think 9euro (for XCOM EU bought a month ago)+10,5 euro (for EW)= 19,5 euro is too much to get the complete XCOM experience on ipad. However, i strongly disagree as a matter of policy from 2k's part, if they will not offer some sort of discount for the customers who paid once already for the main game.

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Wait shouldn't this be out by now? It's 8:35 PST right now. And 5:33 in NZ the next day. I checked the NZ app store and didn't see it.

I'm actually just curious how the icon looks. I know XCOM has iconic aliens used for the original app icon but I'd rather they use the really cool XCOM logo or something else (silhouettes?). The alien one just looks a bit unattractive especially when there's so much other cool artwork they could use.

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm still a little confused. So Enemy within is basically what we previously had on iOS but just extra stuff? Same mission, same story, but more features and (hopefully) better graphics?

6. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    On the PC, Enemy Within feels like a different game with all the additions. I've been waiting for it and am excited its finally coming to iOS. Woo!

7. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    That's the impression I got looking at the trailer..Which is great!

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I hope it works on my iPad 3... The first XCom is a crash-ahoy. I got it to crash far less by deactivating voices, but it crashed sometimes though.

9. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    I first bought Xcom on my original iPad mini and it was a crash fest.. On my mini 2 I've never experienced a problem

10. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Soooo excited.

FWIW, I don't remember the original ever crashing on my iPad Air. I wonder if we'll need to update our OS. I haven't yet...

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The original iPad Mini was essentially an iPad 2. Let's just say that the iPad Air is a liiiiiittle bit faster than the iPad 2, so it's really no surprise that it ran a lot better on that.

12. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Maaan this waiting game sucks

13. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    Found a short preview video on Polygon about the iPhone 6 Plus version of Enemy Within: Polygon Preview

Just had a short look at it, it's basically at the beginning of the game, so not sure if it even shows content related to Enemy Within at all. At least it doesn't look like made any graphical adjustments/improvements, so I guess not love for iPhone 5s+ and other metal devices. Also no different colors on the armor, so maybe that features is still not included (which I actually do really miss, as I used it on order to differentiate between classes on PC).

Also (just watched like 2-3 minutes so far) but I was missing on some sounds/voice overs, maybe they had to cut stuff like that out to keep the 2 GB limit from Apple, which would be again very sad, stupid rule ^^

14. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    I hope they added the different languages for the soldiers with helmets and color options

15. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I wouldn't worry about missing sound/fx, there has to be. it's an AAA game, not some tech demo by a random dude. I don't remember it that well in enemy unknown ios, but it looks like they finally added ambient shadows...? I mean, from what I remember, soldier were like beacons in the dark, here in this preview they seem to have that red shadow like they are lighted by these surrounding fires. can anyone confirm ?

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Devs can still force a download after the first install on Wi-Fi can't they? Wouldn't that make the app size limitless? Barring people getting tired of waiting for it to finish downloading.

I'm guessing the game still hasn't released in NZ yet since I don't see a new thread out. I wonder what's going on. Got everyone super hyped then the game doesn't appear?

17. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I'm just glad it's not April and we the recipients of an April fool's prank. :) So excited but yeah hopefully customizations (helmets, uniform colors) get implemented too.

18. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #38 Edmilan, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    OMG IT'S OUT! Downloading now Size is 1.96gb

19. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Sweet, still not in the U.S. Store

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Out in UK/Ireland store.
    1.96gb compressed download, don't know installed size yet, still installing.
    Icon is similar but with glowing eyes in the alien, looks good.
    XCOM®: Enemy Within by 2K
    https://appsto.re/ie/F4XH0.i