Universal FINAL FANTASY V - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    FF7 is the greatest for me in terms of... EVERYTHING, not just story.

But for the biggest WTF moment, i choose 6 because of what Kefka did.

Needless to say, my favorite FF games are FF7, FF6, FFX and FFDD

2. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    You need to have *Learn ability equipped on blue Mage and once he gets attacked by monster there is a probability he learns that attack ( if he is still alive at the end ).Blue Mage is very strong but needs to actually learn all spells , they can't be bought.Another way is to catch monster with beastmaster and use it to attack blue Mage.I recommend Time Mage though he has strongest (Meteor) spell and very useful boost spells; Summoner should also be fully mastered by magic oriented people in your party

3. ExcaliburEdge

ExcaliburEdge Member

Jul 16, 2012

To ease the "learning" curve (see what I did there), level blue Mage until you get the learning ability. You can then equip that ability while in another job, like red Mage.

4. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Thanks. I didn't know learn had to be learned :p The Blue Mage doesn't learn learn until lvl 2 and 20 ability points.

I don't have have a Time Mage or a summoner. I think I'm about to get those after this water crystal quest.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    FINAL FANTASY V has been nominated, alongside 9 other games in the
    TouchArcade Forums [thread=183770]Game of the Week![/thread]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What's your favorite? Who will win? [thread=183770]VOTE NOW[/thread]!

(as a reminder, developers are not allowed to vote if their game is in the poll)

6. jknut

jknut New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Is there any indication on the map or somewhere else what is the current "task" or where to go?

7. ExcaliburEdge

ExcaliburEdge Member

Jul 16, 2012
    A lot of these old JRPGs require you talk to a bunch of people to get clues of where to go next. Try the town you last visited, or you can look it up in a FAQ.

8. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    is it just me or does the ios port of FF 1 & 2 look better then this?
    sprites seem lower quality here.

9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Seems like they vaselined the original graphics, more or less. 1 and 2 are like flash games based on the original games' codes. So they'd not really be based around pixels. I'm not sure I'd call that better though.

10. Noblejms

Noblejms Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Hi guys for those who have played both games, which is a better game? Final Fantasy 5 or Final Fantasy Dimensions? How about in the story department? Thanks!

11. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Download FFD? It is free...

12. adriankhoo153

adriankhoo153 Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Is it me or somehow I felt that Omega is harder to beat than Omega MKII when first met? I felt that Omega MKII doesn't attack as brutal as Omega. This is how I beat Omega MKII.

I equip Krille with Masamune and make her first attack. She cast Mighty Guard to everyone. Btw, I do equip all with Flame Ring. Omega first attack was doom something and second attack was the fire thingy which heal my party nicely. I then had Faris did Spellblade Firaga while Bartz Spellblade Blizzaga and Leanne cast hastega and curaga.

For second round Krille on defend, Faris attack with rapidfire and unfortunately it heals Omega MKII as his barrier is fire. But afraid not, bartz is the opposite. Leanne dualcast curaga and Bartz attack with rapidfire with whooping 2000-5000 + 9999 in each hit.

Once being hit, Omega MK2 change barrier and nice enough, he change it to blizzard and just in time Faris hit with rapidwire with spellblade firaga. And that is the history of Omega MK2.. Wooottt.....

13. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Support iCloud Sync!?

14. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Discounted to $9.99!!

Can anyone share his/hers opinion about this iOS version of FF V? Is it better than the GBA version? I have ABN and I'm not a fan of FFD character sprite so... Which version is better?

15. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I never played the gba version but it's the same game that was released on play station back in the late 90s I believe. It has job classes and the basic save the world story. It's still a pretty neat game. YouTube some gameplay videos to get a better idea.

16. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Can someone reply if it possible to stretch the screen like in FFIV iOS version?

17. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have the GBA version of Final Fantasy V, And I feel that the best version of FFV is the one I have with me. Which will be neither as I game on my iPad.

Depending on whether you carry your DS or iDevice with you, either one would be great.

18. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Same question here... :eek:

19. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I searched over the internet, You could finish FFV in about 30-60hrs. without a dull moment.

20. Coldstream

Coldstream Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Netherlands
    SqEnix just pushed an update adding icloud saves and MFi controller support. :)