King Cashing 1.2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by multimage, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

#1 multimage, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    I've been working hard in the past weeks to design the next King Cashing but now all the assets are listed and in the hands of the graphic designer. So this means that I can take a break and go back to the next update of King Cashing!

Here's what is planned for version 1.2:

Survival mode
    In this mode, you'll start with a fixed amount of cherries and try to get as far as possible in the game. There'll be a leaderboard to see who gets the farthest!

New sub-quest type: Beat-the-army
    In these battles, the 3rd reel will be filled with some goblins, as usual, but hitting a goblin will not damage the enemy but instead change the goblin into a minotaur. Hitting a minotaur is the only way to damage the enemy.

New bonus items: Weapon boosters
    Much like the party member boosters and the enemy baits, these bonuses will allow to duplicate your equipped weapons, boosting their occurence in the 2nd reel.

New unique weapons
    3 new weapons with extremely high hit rates. These can only be found in random drops in specific levels. More details to come.

New bonus item: Golden cherry
    Equipping a golden cherry will not show in the reels but will make you start the battle with more cherries.

New icon
    This is not much, but we felt that the game was in need of a new icon. This new icon will also set the tone for the next King Cashing so they can all share a common element.

Bug fixes and improvements
    Some achievements will be modififed to be easier to get. (Especially the one where you need to get all items and weapons) Other fixes and improvements will be done too.

So that's it for now. Work will start fully beginning next week and the update should be live in the coming months. If you have any suggestions or comments, post them here, I'll be reading. I'll also try to post about the update progress once in a while. Cheers!

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Errr... English it now really my native language, but are you sure that word is spelled correctly (depending on what you want to say)?
    This sounds more like *poop*. :eek:

Anyway, really looking forward to the update. It's really nice to see how fast you are improving the game. And I like it really much.

3. multimage

You are right! It felt wrong while typing it but I didn't bother to check it. English is also not my native language! :)

4. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Looking forward to the update. I always play through this again when there's an update.

5. multimage

Nice to hear! Its nice to see that this is not a hit and run. I know many people that keep on replaying the game even if the replay factor is aimed mostly at speed runners.

6. multimage

It's been a while, so here's an update on the work so far:

Survival mode
    I'll put this simply: I tested it with a fixed amount of cherries and it was an utter catastrophe. After playing it a few times I felt no joy at all. It was just not fun. The only battle where it was fun was the one when there was not a lot of cherries left. The rest was basically the same game and this is not what I wanted.

Survival is about being on the edge at all times. So I redid it, needing to change almost all that was done for the first survival version. But man was it worth it. It's not done yet, but I'm having way more fun with this mode now.

Basically, you start with a low amount of cherries and beating an enemy gives you back a fixed amount of cherries. If you used 12 cherries on an enemy that gives 9 back, well you just lost 3 cherries so you'll have less when facing the next enemy. The farther you get, the more likely you'll have less and less cherries to fight the next enemy, eventually dying.

New sub-quest type: Beat-the-army
    These have been renamed "Fortified levels". The 3rd reel now shows shields instead of enemies. Hitting the shield makes it shatter and it then reveals a new enemy. Hitting the enemy is the only way to damage it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

At first I tried to only put a goblin and hitting it revealed a minotaur. This was not convincing. It was weird to hit an enemy and do no damage. So I changed that to a shield and added some sound effects and now it is much more convincing. It really feels like you are breaking down the equipment of the boss. Also, the shield breaks in half when hitting it, paving the way for more animations in the reels.

New bonus items: Weapon boosters
    These new bonuses have been added and tests reveal that they are very powerful. With those boosters, you can essentially have a weapon with a hit rate of 14! (Max was 5 before). These are powerful bonuses, in par with the enemy baits but they drop rarely and only near the end of the game.

[​IMG]

New unique weapons
    The new weapons can only be dropped in fortified levels. They are basically skinned to look like the new boss type. You essentially get his gear when killing him. The first time, you get 1 of the 3 weapons for sure, but you will need to grind to find the other 2 ones since they drop randomly. The one you get when you beat it the first time is also random.

[​IMG]

New bonus item: Golden cherry
    These are added and tested. They are fun and can make the difference for non-aimers. They also allow to rack up more points in the ragdoll levels, especially for aimers.

[​IMG]

So that's it for now. I'll keep on working on the update and will keep this post updated once I submit it to Apple. Can't wait to show this new version!

7. multimage

Well the update is finally submitted to Apple. I can't believe how long it took us to make this update. What we planned as 3 weeks worth of work took more than 2 months... Even the game itself didn't have surprises like that while in development.

But anyway, the update is done and we all like it very much here! We hope people will also like it as much as we do!

So here's the submitted description of what made it in the update:

What's new in version 1.2

Survival Mode
    - Brand new game mode!
    - Start with a fixed amount of cherries
    - Enemies drop cherries at the end of battles
    - Short games, fast-paced, perfect for short sessions
    - Better drops to help you survive longer
    - Leaderboard for highest survival scores
    - Achievement for surviving a long time

Protected Bosses
    - 3 new levels in the classic mode
    - Boss protected with shields
    - Break the shields to reveal the enemy
    - Break all shields for an achievement
    - Some items can only drop in those battles

Dark Weapons
    - 3 new weapons, 1 for each party class
    - Very powerful with a high hit rate
    - Drop from stronger protected boss
    - Achievement for getting all 3

Weapon Boosters
    - Equip to boost the hit rate of your weapons
    - Semi-rare drops
    - Drops more often from protected bosses

Golden Cherries
    - Start battles with more cherries, perfect for reaching the top of ragdoll levels
    - Very rare
    - Drops more often from protected bosses

New home screen
    - Adapted to allow a new save slot for Survival Mode
    - New buttons for people interested in following us on Twitter and Facebook
    - New buttons to easily rate and/or gift the game to a friend

Fixes and improvements:
    - You can now see the progress of many achievements in Game Center
    - Getting the "All Weapons" and "All Bonuses" achievements now doesn't require you to have the items in your inventory. As long as you owned it, it's OK. (This is true for new save games only. Older save games will need to get them back in their inventory at least once if they are no longer in the inventory. Sorry about the inconvenience. Props to those who managed to get these achievements before the update!)
    - The requirement to fight the weapon masters has been changed. You can now equip 1, 2 or 3 weapons of the needed weapon class, as long as you don't equip another weapon from another weapon class.
    - Other bug fixes

Screenshots of the update (May contain minor spoilers)
    http://www.kingcashing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/New-homescreen-with-a-survival-slot.png
    http://www.kingcashing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Protected-battle.png
    http://www.kingcashing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Score-at-end-of-survival-game.png
    http://www.kingcashing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Weapon-boosters-effect-in-reels.png
    http://www.kingcashing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Weapon-boosters-equipped.png

8. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Awesome! Sounds like a killer update. King Cashing remains a first page staple on my iPod. Can't wait to see KC show up in my updates list.

9. multimage

The update comes out tonight at 12:00 PST!

Can't wait for everyone to try it out! Yeah! :D

10. multimage

11. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China