GameClub Mikey Shorts (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    I See mikey shorts is up to #67 in ALL games charts (app store)and in top 25 in action and arcade charts congrats qpawn & mikeg :D

2. Ciechan

Ciechan Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Poland
    I love Mikey Shorts. I've finally managed to get over 41k in Challenge Mode, so I guess I've joined the elite club ;).

Would it be possible for game to send best Game Center score on each login? I often play without any internet access around me and it kills me that my score doesn't get uploaded unless I beat my score while being connected. I know it's a minor issue, but sending GC socres doesn't incur any penalty so I'd be nice to have it.

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #503 mikeg123, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    Great job on your Challenge mode score!

And I had written the code so that GC scores are resent on each login. But I've just now realized a bug with how I'm doing that. A bad assumption compounded by the fact that GC likes to return success when sending scores and achievements offline. I will be able to alleviate that problem in a future update.

And talking of updates, looks like our update we submitted this past weekend just made it through review. So in the meantime, you can go to the new Options -> Data menu and press the "Refresh" button to resend scores. That should help you for now, but it is a manual process.

4. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Well done on 41k I take it your bartekc on GC? I'm a few pints behind but will get there with some luck :) have you seen the challenge mode individual high score thread that jackmule started I'm sure you could contribute ;)
    Also think the devs have already said about adding a button to do a sync to gc as other people have had similar problems with achievements :)

5. BeaverTap Games

BeaverTap Games Developer

Apr 5, 2012
    iOS Game Developer
    United States
    Mikey Shorts UPDATED

Mikey Shorts (1.0.1)
    • Added a Data button to Options menu
    • Refresh Game Center and Shop from Data menu
    • Renamed "Local" tab to "Offline" in Scores menu

The Refresh button will update your Game Center scores/achievements and unlock any disguises in the Shop that should've already unlocked.

The "Local" tab has been renamed "Offline" since those scores are the local device scores unrelated to any network.

Thanks to everybody for all the support! We're working on an update for Mikey Shorts with more Challenge levels, more disguises, and support for the iCade. :)

6. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Has anyone that has had score, achievement or disguise unlock problems tried the new refresh button? I'm curious to see if it is working for you.

7. JackMule

JackMule Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    It works.

8. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Yep, it worked for the disguise that hadn't unlocked.

9. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Great to hear that the refresh button is working as it should! Of course we tested it, but unexpected problems always seem to creep in. Sounds like that isn't the case here.

10. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    #510 mikeg123, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    Did someone say promo codes? First three to send me a PM get a code...

EDIT: No codes left!

11. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I absolutely love the game. I do wish for iCloud support, though that's up to the devs...

12. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Glad you are loving the game! We definitely want to add iCloud in a future update (it is on our list), but it probably won't be in the next one we have planned.

13. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    will you guys be adding more levels?

14. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    We're (well, qpawn is) working on 12 new Challenge levels. We are also adding 24 new disguises, iCade and Joypad support, and a controller button transparency slider, so you can make the buttons semi-transparent or completely invisible. The idea is that we'll be able to submit the update sooner rather than later.

15. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    omg!!! awesome. thanks alot!

16. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    #516 veecheech, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    Wow this game is fun! The controls feel spot on, and I like how you can't entirely fail a level, that there's always progress. The music is good, and the disguises are hilarious. I unlocked "Uncle Sam" almost immediately and equipped it. It's funny.

Thanks guys!

17. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    Glad you're enjoying the game! We'll be adding more disguises in future updates! Let me know if you have a disguise request and I'll see what I can do! :)

18. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I have a request for an option to increase the box for the right movement arrow. I find that sometimes my finger slips off, messing up a perfect run, and it would be nice if touches slightly outside the arrow would still register

19. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Great request! I think that is something we talked about at one point, but then I completely forgot about it. We definitely have some room to expand the hit box past the right arrow further than what it currently is.

Then it should be a matter of going into Edit Controls and probably resetting to defaults to get the extended hit box.

20. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Glad to see its easy to implement